• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Folco replaces some equipment from his climbing kit, buys some herbs, and gorges himself on a big plate of bacon and potatos. "I do so love bacon," he informs anyone who'll listen, "but it's awful hard to come by in the wild."

Acid_crash

First Post
Korton stretches in his chair, getting more of the kinks out of his body and muscles before continuing on. He is enjoying his ale and food, a scrumphous display of eating heartily pork chops, bacon, potatoes, and that is followed by a smattering helping of scrambled eggs.

While eating, he asks between bites, "So, Nalya, how far is our destination into this forest? Would you also know of anything that we may be encountering? Demons, angels, anything at all?"

he pauses...takes another bite of his bacon, and while looking at her, he thinks to himself, I don't know about all this, going off on this so called prophesy of hers instead of our original destination. I'll talk to Provoni about some extra pay later. Man, Nalya has nice legs.

Acid_crash

First Post
After a long, dull moment of solitude in which he see's everyone eating in peace but not talking much, Korton slowly gathers his things back in order and gets ready to head out.

Sitting here on my duff is certainly not what I had in mind when I signed on for this job. Why is everybody just sitting there? Heck, they aren't even talking to each other. When the world ends at least I'll be at peace from this horrendous solitude that has befallen my future comrades.

Erekose13

Explorer
Into the Forest

After finishing her drink Nalya considers Korton's questions for a moment and answers, "Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your questions. Mahe, here is our guide in the forest and he would have a better idea of how far it is as well as an idea of what we might face on our trek there. Inside the fortress, now that is a different story. In the legends it was ruled by a powerful angel who fought against his bretheren on the side of the No-god. They say that he was defeated when the angels, leading the armies of man, pushed the No-god back to his mountain stronghold far to the north. What might be re-opening the fortress now is open to debate. Some humans looking for treasure, to demons wishing to unearth ancient weapons, or even Schoolmen seeking power would all be potential seekers. The elders of my tribe could only guess at who might be trying to fulfill the prophesy. The legends are vague about many things as they are so old."

With no more pertinent questions coming Nalya suggests heading out now. Gathering your things you all head out to the hitching post to get your horses ready for the journey. The forest begins only a mile or so outside the little homlet that you were in. At first the forest is quite light with only a little undergrowth and quite a bit of space between the trees. About six hours into your journey you hear the cracking of branches and hustle of movement off to your right at about 30 yards. Through the trees you spot atleast 4 gray shapes moving in your direction.

Mahe:
You know that the heavier forest is about 3 days by horse taking the most direct trails. Once you are in the heavier forest the horses will become a bit more burdensome, having to be led and limiting the paths you can take. If the horses come it will take another 2 days to reach the site of the Skyreach Tree. If you leave them behind the first part will take 6 days, and the second only 1. ooc: if i have the movement rates of foot/on horse wrong feel free to point it out, im just making them up as i go along.

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Folco immediately darts into the undergrowth, making nary a sound (hopefully) and soon disappearing out of sight (hopefully).

Peering at the figures, he carefully unlimbers and nocks his small bow.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Before they leave, Mahe reccomends they leave any horses behind- "Horses," he says laconically, "Don't deal well with the forest. It'll be about seven days before we reach the ruins." As they walk through the forest, the group may notice that often they can see an eagle following them.

Upon hearing the noise, Mahe frowns and readies himself, straining his eyes and ears to identify the newcomers. "Spread out," he says softly to the others, following his own advice by moving a few steps towards the group. He leans on his staff and waits calmly for them to approach. He's especially wary if he identifies the newcomers as humanoid- animals he can deal with, but anything that walks on two legs should be treated warily. Especially in the forest- not many people comes 'round this way.

ooc: My apologies- I've been busy and haven't finished 3.5 updating Mahe (mostly choosing feats, since I gained 3 or so of them with the change). I'll finish this evening when I have my books.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Seeing the silhouettes approaching, Michael moves towards the front of the group, staying only close behind Mahe, keeping his shield firm in hand, and checking the sword in his scabbord (but not yet drawing it).

Erekose13

Explorer
Encounter with Shades

Folco disappears behind a tree quite easily hiding from atleast the eyes of his friends. With short bow ready he waits off to the side to see what appears.

Only a few seconds later he and those around Mahe see the 4 gray shades materialize into wolves, darting out of the underbrush. As they approach within maybe 25 yards, they start to veer away from the party to the side opposite where Folco has dissappeared too. One of the large wolves stops for a moment and cranes his neck, sniffing at the air. He barks quickly to the others who continue to move towards the right of the group.

The large wolf however comes up a little closer weary of all of the foreign smells. It barks once in the direction of Mahe, who instantly recognizes Swift-Shadow leader of one of the packs that room deeper in the forest to the west.

Remove ads