• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen Angel Ch2 [IC] - Calling Sherlock, Acid_Crash, Thels, Greegan

Thels

First Post
Michael holds back a little behind Nalya, letting her do the speaking for now. His face appears calm and relaxed, accepting what's going on.

Erekose13

Explorer
The shopkeeper that you had been speaking to, Mahe, sees that you are busy for the moment and heads off to arrange a few things on the shelves a few feet away. Looking around Michael sees that the small shop carries a variety of goods that small town farm-folk might need from salt to canvas.

"Well, I don't want anything, but a girl we met named Mary wanted us to give this to you." Syfis says, brushing Nalya to the side slightly as she hands the token to Mahe.

Hmm, this character certainly seems interesting. The elf thinks.

"Might I inquire as to what you're doing around this area?" Syfis says, honest curiosity in her voice.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Mary, eh?" Mahe's tone lightens considerably. "Nice girl. She lives near the River now, aye?" He inspects the token, fondly reading the familiar signs from his friend.
"Might I inquire as to what you're doing around this area?" Syfis says, honest curiosity in her voice.

"Me? I might ask you the same thing yourself. You don't seem the type to get your hands dirty in the woods," Mahe says bluntly, but again without any rancor. "I ran into a fellow who'd just come back to the woods after hangin' around in more, eh, civilized parts of th' world." At the word civilized Mahe's mouth tightens a little, as if he just ate something bitter. "He said somthin' about the Shriah gathering a bunch of like-minded fools to go off to kill and be killed. Since I usually come 'round these parts this time of year anyway, thought I'd find out what's going on."

Erekose13

Explorer
Mahe, the token that you received from Mary is used by the guides in the Glimmerwood to pass on information. Running your hand across it, her message is clear. She thinks that these three have an important mission and that they need a guide to the Skyreach Tree and an ally within the woods.

Erekose13

Explorer
As Michael, Syfis, and Nalya are speaking to Mahe in the general store, the woman who had been tending to things comes over. "Are you looking to head into the forest? Mahe here is the best guide around. You are in good hands."

[occ: if you like I can speed things up and just assume the recruiting is finished? if you want to continue as we are going just let me know.]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Mahe neither denies the compliment in a show of false modesty nor accepts it in a show of real pride. He simply nods in acknowledgement to the woman and continues facing the three. "Well, is that it? Do you wish to enter the forest?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Nalya the NPC

Nalya looks up at the man, aware that the other two are being quite quiet at the moment. "Yes sir, we are looking for some ancient ruins deep in the forest. We spoke with Mary out by the main road and she gave us your name. She also told us what she knew of these ruins, she had said that they lie near a great tree in some of the densest part of the forest. So we are hoping that you would be able to guide us there as I fear that some ancient evil is stirring there." She stops abruptly, realising that she let slip the last part again. She really must remember what the elders told her about humans and their disbelief in the No-god.

Mahe:
You know that there are a number of small stone pillars with ancient runes on them that encircle the Skyreach tree. That area of the forest lies within a small valley towards the western side of the forest, before the terrain climbs into the mountains. Within the dense forest many dangerous creatures lurk and it has proven troublesome in the past.
OOC: Thomas highlight the above stuff to see it

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads