• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World- 13th lvl homebrew (dark and mature)

Nephtys

First Post
Thanks. Welcome back, William is still around. It's been a pretty quiet month, but I think things are ready to pick up some speed again.

Nephtys

First Post
Heh, guess that turned out to be a lie. Sorry about that. I have been pretty ill the past few days and have not felt inspired. I'm back now, though. ;)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hi, I saw this game when it was first posted but I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it considering it's terribly depressing world. I've read some of the recent posts and I'm still not sure if I like it. :confused:

The exploding stirges were totally awesome. The part with Big standing there passively as a possessed girl killed herself on his axe was not really that awesome. :\

I'm still really interesting though. :heh:

Nephtys

First Post
Thanks Dire Lemming. This is the first game I've DMed so it's no wonder parts of it seem a bit awkward. I figured the posessed-girl-scene would be a bit like a waking dream, somewhat surreal and foreshadowy. Big did raise his axe to ward her off so I figured it would be cool if she just impaled herself on it. I felt the scene would make a greater impact if she did something shocking like that. We could have handled it in more posts, but I didn't really want two separate time-lines (that could cause some causality problems.)

Maybe I made a mistake with the stirges, making tham a bit tougher than usual and letting them drain blood on the turn they attached themselves. I didn't want the party to have another effortless victory like they had against the asassins so maybe I overdid it :heh:. But I'm sure they will find a way to get at least most of them out of the battle alive.

Dire Lemming

First Post
This is the first game you've ever GMed? Wow, I've tried GMing a few times and none of them went anywhere. I don't know if I'm just not cut out for it or what... :\ I suppose I should try with a PbP game, I'd have more time to prepare ideas and whatnot.

Personally I would have been really agrivated if I were Big's player, but I can't help playing goody two shoes types, so my version of Big definitelly would have lowered his axe. 'Cutscene' posts that make a PC watch as bad, irreversible things happen always bother me. However, I can understand your reasoning for doing it that way.

If you need ever need an alt I'd be interesded to try this... I'd probably be a sort of good character, who would try to ease the suffering of those around him. Course he'd probably frequently get frustrated with his impotence.

Last edited:

Autumn

First Post
Hi y'all. :)

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm a lot more on top of things now, and I'd love to jump back into the game. I see that you've kept Ysande and Kaj around - thanks :D - and that they haven't met a grisly stirge-related death just yet. So hopefully you're happy for me to pick them back up?

I'm working on updating my status records at the moment - just a quick questiong regarding that. The darkness that filled the corridor as the Stirges attacked - was that a use of Kaj's Darkness ability? Or some kind of trap he tripped? Also, does the place's anti-demon ward have a statistical effect on Kaj? Or just creeps him out?

Last edited:

Bloosquig

First Post
Welcome back Autumn. Course we're all about a round from becoming stirge food but still. :)

And about the cut scene it was unfortunate that the girl threw herself on the axe but the scene had to end quickly otherwise it would have begun jarring with what was currently happening. Either way some mind slave throwing herself on Big's axe sucks but doesn't particularly bother him other then the mess of cleaning it up.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Wow, didn't realize until now. You've actually got two good characters already. :heh:

Of course, what I meant was that it would have bothered me if Big were my character. Great avatar BTW.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads