Fallen World- 13th lvl homebrew (dark and mature)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Nephtys said:
Lots of classes and templates I've never heard of there (which I need to see to be able to approve or use), but dwarves have strong links to the element of stone and your character could easily be native to the world even with such a template. Planestravelling is hard, basically it only works safely trough a handful of portals all under the control of the Lords, it has to be or you'd all be sipping cocktails in Elysium by now. But your character and his ancestors could easily have been born in the world.
If he comes from an enclave it will not be easy for him to ever get back there. The enclaves are defended fanatically and they're all pretty paranoid by now. Those who leave almost never come back and those who try are suspected of being trojan horses for the Demons. Still, knowing that only makes your character a greater hero.

I would discuss mechanical details privately. Anyhow, sacred dwarves are subrace that lived for generations on earth elemental planes searching for exotic ores. as they lived through more and more of the plane entered their blood...I'll send you transcript of subrace or whole file (30MB)...

As for mineral genasi: http://users.erols.com/aburner/planescape/index.html
See Inheritors of glittering stones.

Telatium knights are kind of elemental paladins for one church (Telatium)...different elements = different roles: healers (air), inquisitors (fire), messenger (water) and soldiers and guardians (earth). Not all have to be LG that's "kind of paladins". They all have lay on hands and several powers depending on element. Very limited list of spells that could be cast only from armor runes. that's about it.

As for the history: eventually Ebon realises that just sitting in a tower and killing things that stumble upon it is futile. Sooner or later something powerfull will come and live to tell the tale. Once that happens Lords will come. He is aware that returning might be a problem, but still feels that he needs to go out and DO SOMETHING FREAKING USEFULL :)

In my old group we treated genasi as template so you can have fire genasi that looks more like azer then drow :) But that depends on you ofcourse...

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
Or they could join the underground Resistance...supply aid and shelter to rebels...help smuggle people out of the country...

Dangerous, yeah, but doesn't require complicity...and it doesn't require more power than any citizen has.

But it would only really work if everyone wanted to do it.

Hmm.. So taking that and what Neph said, would you be willing to hitch along with me on my quest to restore peace to the galaxy.. er, I mean to help the poor souls of this world?

BTW, Neph - I have a mostly complete character background in my head, I'm gonna write it out, but essentially it boils down to : The only son of one of the Evil Human Lords, but after His father slew his wife and stole his child for disobeying orders, He decided to oppose the evils he had previously stood for. Chased out of his fathers lands, He hid in a neutral monastery, where he was found by a secretive organization known as the SHadow Knights, who trained him in the ways of the GreyGuard.

Trollbabe

First Post
Ok I came up with an idea for a 5th level Ranger / 8th level Assassin. He would be Neutral Evil with a need for survival and as a result very self serving. I still think he would work in a group to ensure his safety even though he has an evil alignment. I can elaborate more on his story and background if required.

[sblock=Aeryk Voss]I am Aeryk Voss... I was a Black Cowl… an assassin in the employment of the Demonlords. For killing who they tell me to kill I myself see another day. The trick is to not draw too much attention, remain faceless and nameless. The Black Cowl’s are traitors in the eyes of many, we turned our back on our mortal brethren and joined the “dark side”. I don’t buy that sorta talk though... when a Demonlord comes calling, you answer. If I had not agreed to join the Black Cowls my soul would’a been tossed to the dretch to squabble over as a play thing.

The demons have no care for us though… they just use us as pawns. Members rarely work together so we operate as individuals, that suits me fine. Our leader is an unnamed Shadow of a creature maybe a man more then likely a demon. So Shadow contacts me with a target… a vrock captain that is to be eliminated.

I do it quick, I don’t even think the vulture knew he had it coming. But the tricks on me cause his allies were aware… they probably were the ones that ordered it in the first place. They drag me kicking and screaming to a torture chamber and I am cut, bruised and violated. I keep wondering why they don’t kill me and get it over with. That’s when the Shadow comes in and asks me if I am enjoying my stay. I’ve been framed! Some sort of scape goat... at some point I musta become expendable.

When they left me alone I manage to slip my bonds and with a lot of luck I escape the place their holding me. So everyman for himself… If the demons don’t get ya something else will. My wounds have healed, but the scars are not going anywhere. Maybe its best they don’t, fuel for my fire I guess. One things for sure I am looking out for number one, but a little revenge would suit me fine.[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
I am interested -- but I am on vacation until this weekend.

My character concept would be a rogue-ish sort.

Rogue 3/Wizard 5/Arcane Trickster 5

or

Rogue 3/Cleric 3/Blackflame Zealot 7 (depending on the pantheon)

or

Rogue 13

or

Fighter 2/Rogue 11

Most likely the 1st, 3rd or 4th option -- would be a CN character who basically uses his skills to survive, hiding under the radar.

Races considering are Human, Tiefling, or Drow.

Nephtys

First Post
closing recruitment

Just dropping by right now, I'll get back to your questions and comments later.

It seems I have a good number of interested players already, so to keep down the risk of too many people being disappointed I'm closing recruitment for now.
To help me get a compatible group together I'd like all of you to just post one line with your characters alignment (Very Good, Good, Neutral, Evil or Very Evil, and likewise for law and chaos) and which alignments you think your character would be able to cooperate with in a group (keeping in mind the lesser of two evils, and the nature of the world).

Jemal

Adventurer
Good, though able to work with any alignment (Except VERY evil/Vile.).
He's not too fond of Chaos, but in light of all the evil, it doesn't matter so much right now.

ethandrew

First Post
Nephtys said:
The vow of Poverty is actually one exalted feat that would be appropriate for the game (but I'll need to see it in writing anyway since I only have a general impression of it and don't know the details). If the prerequisites involve being absolutely completely good all the time... well I'm the DM I can change the prerequisites if I want. There is power in self denial, wether you are good or evil.

I should clarify that I am not planning on being evil. If I go Transmuter I'll probably be NG or TN, if I go Druid I'd probably be CG. Like Shayuri I wasn't really feeling the wanton destruction and manipulation to better our position, and wasn't really understanding how that would translate into cohesive group play. But after all this clarification it makes a lot more sense to me. I'm getting that we'll probably have a good solid core of Good characters with a couple evil ones mixed it.

Vow of Poverty, taken over these 13 levels, will bestow a character these abilities:

-+8 Exalted Bonus to AC
-Bonus exalted feats at 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th Levels
-Permanent Endure Elements
-Exalted Strike of +2 - Any weapon becomes a +2 Magical Weapon
-Sustenance - No need to eat or drink
-+2 Deflection Bonus to AC
-+2 Resistance Bonus to Saving Throws
-Ability Score Enhancements - +4 to one, +2 to another
-+1 Natural Armor Bonus
-Mind Shielding - immune to Detect Thoughts, Discern Lies, any alignment detector
-DR 5/Magic
-Greater Sustenance - No need to breathe
-Energy Resistance 5 - acid, fire, cold, electricity, sonic

And I think that's all. The plus side, Master of Many forms doesn't progress in spell levels, so this character will only have access to 3rd level spells. And exalted feats are pretty weak.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...well I have to say I think I have a clearer idea now how it all could work.

I see you've closed recruitment, but if you'll allow it, I'll submit a character. :heh:

Autumn

First Post
My Bard will be Moderately Chaotic and Moderately Good. She'll be happy to work with any alignments except Very Good (because she's not stupid). Very Evil is fine; she's used to it. She won't be about to confide in them or make them her special allies, but she won't shun them either. She's used to working (and... other things...) with demons and their various minions, so working alongside nasty people is no problem.

For the record, anybody involved in any kind of resistance movement isn't likely to find an ally in her. They would have to do a LOT of convincing her that it was feasible and stood a real chance of success before she'd be willing to put herself on the line like that. If this is going to be a 'join the resistance and slay the evil' game then I'll shelve her... and actually I'll probably bow out of the game too in that case. I'm sure it'd still be fun and all, but it wouldn't capture my imagination in the same way.

A quick question, Nephtys; how long ago did the demons seize power? Are we talking within our characters' memories? A couple of generations back? Or a century or more?

Bloosquig

First Post
Crud lose my computer for 2 hours and now recruitments closed. Ah well I'll keep an eye on it in case anything happens to open a spot later. Good luck folks! :)

Remove ads