• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Falling damage question

Callahan09

Explorer
Hello everyone, I'm new to this game, so please forgive me if this is an easy question that I should know the answer to...

As regards falling damage, I know from the rules compendium that you roll 1d10 per 10 feet fallen. I'm just not sure exactly how to calculate the number of dice to roll.

I would think it would be the Floor of [Feet Fallen / 10]. In other words, a 10 foot fall, would be 1 die. That much is obvious, I don't expect that could possibly be wrong by any interpretation of the rule. But say we have fallen 9 feet, then using the typical "always round down" rule, we have 0 dice to roll, because we didn't fall by any full increments of 10 feet. Likewise, 11-19 feet would still only be one full increment of 10 feet, so we only roll 1 die.

Is that the right way to look at it?

Ferghis

First Post
If the DM wanted to, they could easily rule that falling 6-15 feet caused 1d10 damage, and round normally. The rounding rule really only applies to halves, I think.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads