• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallout 3 Has Gone Gold; System Specs

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I know there is plenty of angst over Bethesda taking up the franchise but I have got to say from what I've seen trailer wise it looks very interesting and the fact that it will provide hours upon hours gameplay is a plus for me. AND there is no DRM!

System Specs as listed at Gamespy as of Today 10/9/08:

Minimum System Requirements:

Windows XP/Vista
1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)

Recommended System Requirements:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
2 GB System RAM
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)

* I have the video card and system RAM; I just hope my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz (socket 939) will be okay.

Pants

First Post
I already pre-ordered my copy for the 360! I can't wait. That week is gonna break the bank though. Guitar Hero: World Tour and Fallout 3? I'll have enough gaming to keep me busy for the next year!

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I have to admit that this one caught me off guard because I really didn't pay any attention to any of the reviews or previews until a few days ago.

As I said, however, the trailers containing some good solid detail really grabbed my attention. I'll wait to see how the gaming community responds but this may be the first game in a long time that I buy within the first two weeks of release.

Aus_Snow

First Post
w00t! Beating recommended, and handily. :cool: Currently, I've got an E8400 (@ 3.6GHz, on stock cooling), HD4850 (w/ dual slot cooler, overclocked by me), 4GB RAM.

Won't need to upgrade for a while, it seems - yay! :)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
my only question is whether i get this for my PC or for my PS3. The PC has the recommended specs beat, and a 22" monitor, but my PS3 is hooked up to the 42" Plasma...

Felon

First Post
It's on my must-have list for 2008, along with Saints Row 2 (next week) and Fable 2 (the following week). God bless Gamefly.

Aus_Snow

First Post
* I have the video card and system RAM; I just hope my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz (socket 939) will be okay.
Heck, yeah. Nearly equivalent to early Core 2 Duos, that CPU. I think the E4300, for example, was around the 4400+ or 4600+ mark. And that's not a mile away from 3800+, by any means. Relative to the minimum spec of a 2.4GHz P4. . . *snort*. Your CPU would (and does) eat a pair of them in tandem for breakfast.

Enforcer

Explorer
I've got the super-awesome-ultra-limited edition preordered from Amazon. Including Vault Boy bobble-head, lunchbox, and PipBoy digital clock. You could say I'm a fan... (I ordered the Xbox 360 version).

Remove ads