Familiars/Divine Companions?

Taloras

First Post
Ok. This is a question about the Crusading Footpad PrC from the Quintessential Rogue book. My DM has OKed the PrC, so thats ok. At first level of the PrC, the footpad gets a Divine Companion, which is the same as a familiar, with the following changes. It does not gain the share spells, touch, or scry on familiar abilities. In place of share spells, the familiar gains the footpads divine luck ability. In place of touch, it gains the footpads detect evil ability. In place of scry on familiar, it gains mask alignment. I am not familiar with the rules on familiars, and im wondering. Do the abilities go by class level in the PrC, or by character level? Im asking because the scry on familiar isnt gained until level 13 for a mage, and there are only 10 levels in the PrC.

Im also wondering if it would be possible for the footpad to take the Improved Familiar feat from Tome & Blood. the only problem i see with it is that the improved familiars list requires caster levels, which i would not have. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Only class levels in the PrC should count, so the class is probably just badly designed.

For a Sorcerer/Wizard familiar, only the Sorcerer/Wizard levels count, not even PrC levels that increase the Sorcerer/Wizard abilities (+1 level of existing class).

Bye
Thanee

Taloras

First Post
Damn. Ive asked on the Mongoose Publishing message board if there is any errata on that, and gotten no response....oh well.

laiyna

First Post
Mongoose

Yes, Mongoose makes very fine products and is very active on the boards to promote them but "after care" and "erata" are very bad and foul words in they're company....... It makes me doubt if I want to buy there products longer.

Laiyna

Remove ads