D&D (2024) Pets: Find Familiar and Find Steed.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Eh, no real impact on a rogue. With the assurance the familiar goes directly after your turn there is no issue with moving and doing your bonus action and then readying an action to attack once your familiar is adjacent to the foe. Then the familiar immediately is adjacent to the foe and giving the help action and your attack goes off. Seems even more guaranteed now.
For some, perhaps.

With the Ready action, a Scout would lose the ability to use the Skirmisher ability, which uses you reaction, you don't have access to opportunity attacks, etc.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
For some, perhaps.

With the Ready action, a Scout would lose the ability to use the Skirmisher ability, which uses you reaction, you don't have access to opportunity attacks, etc.
I thought we already heard they are eliminating use of sneak attack on opportunity attacks?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
That's a separate issue, but yes. My point was it costs the reaction, which has other uses (whether or not you also get to SA).

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Eh, no real impact on a rogue. With the assurance the familiar goes directly after your turn there is no issue with moving and doing your bonus action and then readying an action to attack once your familiar is adjacent to the foe. Then the familiar immediately is adjacent to the foe and giving the help action and your attack goes off. Seems even more guaranteed now.
Well, except that it uses your reaction to do so.

Bolares

Hero
I wonder what this will mean for Pact of the Chain Warlocks: will there be an enhanced-familiar template, or will it be an actual pseudodragon/sprite/whatever?
In the video about the druid they hint on there being more options for familiars on the warlock playtest packet...

Remove ads