FANTASY AGE Can Now Be YOURS!

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

"The Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook is your entry point to tabletop roleplaying. Now you can be the hero in your own sword and sorcery adventures! This is the game played on Wil Wheaton’s new tabletop RPG show, Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana. The Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules are easy to learn, and feature an innovative stunt system that keeps the action tense and exciting. This Basic Rulebook includes full 20 level advancement for all three classes, a new magic system, advice for players and GMs, and an introductory adventure so you can get started right away. You can use Fantasy AGE to run adventures in the campaign setting of your choice or a world of your own creation. A new AGE is upon us!"

The PDF is $15.99, or $5 if you pre-order the hardcover as well.

GRR6001_450_1024x1024.jpg

In other Green Ronin news, the Blue Rose RPG Kickstarter ends in 4 days. It funded early in the campaign, and is now blasting through stretch goals, the latest of which is a GM screen featuring the art of Stephanie Pui-mun Law. Blue Rose is billed as an inclusive game of romantic fantasy.

Fildrigar

Explorer
Not USPS setting that high a rate, that's GR hiking up the shipping and HANDLING part of it.
a book that size, $5 media mail, 7 for priority. 144 pages doesn't weigh much, unlike the pathfinder core but even that would be less then $10 via usps

They charge the rate that they are charged by USPS.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
They charge the rate that they are charged by USPS.

No, they are not. It doesn't cost 30 bucks to ship a book if that's what others have posted above as the shipping cost.
medium flat rate that a book fits in with really to much room to spare from one side of the USA to the other is $12. Anything over that is a HANDLING charge by green ronin. If they charge 30, your paying 18 in handling, 12 in actual postage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fildrigar

Explorer
No, they are not. It doesn't cost 30 bucks to ship a book if that's what others have posted above as the shipping cost.

I'd suggest you wander on over to the USPS site and look at their shipping rates. Unless you use their flimsy flat rate boxes, and don't mind receiving a brand new book with bent corners, it'll cost you.

Fildrigar

Explorer
Standard Shipping $10.00
USPS Standard Post $10.99
UPS Ground $23.60
USPS Priority Mail Express 2-Day $40.15
USPS Priority Mail 2-Day $43.70
UPS Three-Day Select (3 business days) $66.47
UPS Second Day Air (2 business days) $93.88
UPS Next Day Air Saver (1 business day) $147.72
UPS Next Day Air (1 business day) $155.45
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (1 business day) $187.03

From Green Ronin's webstore. Shipping within the USA. You can go cheap, or you can go expensive. All these costs are the true cost charged by USPS or UPS.

The first poster lives in NZ. Shipping overseas is incredibly pricy from the US.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I'd suggest you wander on over to the USPS site and look at their shipping rates. Unless you use their flimsy flat rate boxes, and don't mind receiving a brand new book with bent corners, it'll cost you.
I did wander over there's and yes my quote was with the flat rate box since I quite clearly stated so. And what make you so sure green ronin is going to ship it via padded with nice soft pillowy cloud of air stuff into a magically box for that 50 dollar shipping price? Yeah, they will be using priority flat rate, wait and see and people will be perplexed at why the postage on the label says 12 bucks but paid 50.

the normal 2 day from Georgia to California is 15, flat rate 12 on the usps.com site so green ronin web store prices are jacked up.

Fildrigar

Explorer
I did wander over there's and yes my quote was with the flat rate box since I quite clearly stated so. And what make you so sure green ronin is going to ship it via padded with nice soft pillowy cloud of air stuff into a magically box for that 50 dollar shipping price? Yeah, they will be using priority flat rate, wait and see and people will be perplexed at why the postage on the label says 12 bucks but paid 50.

Check out my post above.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Check out my post above.

I did, check my edit out, their prices are jacked up, easy to see if you actually use the usps.com site and plug in the weight as I mention above, try it, you'll see green ronin is over charging.

This is my last post on the subject as well. People can get suckered by their high "shipping" cost if they want, but the shipping isn't that high as I've shown on an actual shipping site not the webs tore of the company charging you for the shipping.

USPS Standard Shipping is $6.37.....that'll reach me in like 4-5 days at the most. But the more expensive options are definitely pricey, yeah. (Yes I am in the US)

From Green Ronin's webstore. Shipping within the USA. You can go cheap, or you can go expensive. All these costs are the true cost charged by USPS or UPS.

The first poster lives in NZ. Shipping overseas is incredibly pricy from the US.

Those are mot true costs for state to state. Priority Mail flat rate for a book of this size might at most be $12-13; there has to be a handling charge added.

My guess: the standard media rate is what they want to ship most product out at (and probably what I'd get for $6.37) and they mark up the prices to discourage other special exception mailings.

Remove ads

Remove ads