FANTASY AGE Can Now Be YOURS!

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

Green Ronin's Fantasy AGE roleplaying game is alive! You can now pick up the PDF version of the 144-page full-colour book, or you can pre-order the hardback. Written by Chris Pramas, Fantasy AGE is, of course, the system powering Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave show. The game uses Green Ronin's AGE (Adventure Game Engine), which is also found in their Dragon Age and upcoming Blue Rose RPGs.

"The Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook is your entry point to tabletop roleplaying. Now you can be the hero in your own sword and sorcery adventures! This is the game played on Wil Wheaton’s new tabletop RPG show, Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana. The Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules are easy to learn, and feature an innovative stunt system that keeps the action tense and exciting. This Basic Rulebook includes full 20 level advancement for all three classes, a new magic system, advice for players and GMs, and an introductory adventure so you can get started right away. You can use Fantasy AGE to run adventures in the campaign setting of your choice or a world of your own creation. A new AGE is upon us!"

The PDF is $15.99, or $5 if you pre-order the hardcover as well.

GRR6001_450_1024x1024.jpg

In other Green Ronin news, the Blue Rose RPG Kickstarter ends in 4 days. It funded early in the campaign, and is now blasting through stretch goals, the latest of which is a GM screen featuring the art of Stephanie Pui-mun Law. Blue Rose is billed as an inclusive game of romantic fantasy.

turkeygiant

First Post
Those are mot true costs for state to state. Priority Mail flat rate for a book of this size might at most be $12-13; there has to be a handling charge added.

My guess: the standard media rate is what they want to ship most product out at (and probably what I'd get for $6.37) and they mark up the prices to discourage other special exception mailings.

I often order similar books from Amazon.com, Drivethru, Monte Cook, for exactly that $12-$13 range and that is shipping to Canada.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
What makes a PDF tablet friendly? I read PDFs on my iPad all the time.
So do I, Would like to get away from columns. I am getting old and needing reading glasses when in portrait mode, so I tend to use landscape, which means scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, go to next page and repeat.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So do I, Would like to get away from columns. I am getting old and needing reading glasses when in portrait mode, so I tend to use landscape, which means scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, go to next page and repeat.

Companies have tried landscape offerings before. WotC did with online Dragon; I have done for various products. Generally speaking, people hate them; so sadly, I don't think you're going to get your wish. I've also tried single columns rather than two (or three) and got slammed for "amateurish" layout. So that doesn't fly, either, unfortunately.

innerdude

Legend
I bought my copy of Interface Zero 2.0 directly from Gun Metal Games. It's a 400+ page, full cover hardback. I think I paid $8 for shipping (I'd have to look at my order to be sure).

innerdude

Legend
Just wish publishers would publish tablet friendly PDFs. :(

For me the issue isn't the use of columns, it's the use of egregiously wide margins that are simply unnecessary in a digital format. Thankfully I discovered that Easy PDF Reader for Android has a nice double-tap zoom-in feature that automatically detects text columns in PDFs. Talk about a lifesaver.

Remove ads

Remove ads