• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Heroic Roleplaying: A Pathfinder/MHRP Hack

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I've created my own D&D/PF Hack of MHRP and I'm looking for help starting to test it. The attached document assumes you know MHRP and any version of D&D. As a first step, I'd like to see what starting characters people come up with. The character concept behind the numbers is important.

Also, any general constructive criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• FANTASY HEROIC ROLEPLAYING.docx
    115 KB · Views: 208

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
If you don't know this there is an "official" Fantasy Heroic take in their Cortex Plus Hackers Guide that I figure you might want to look at. As I am a sucker for anything Cortex Plus I am going to definitely look at what you have and check it out. :)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Thanks Stacie, I did see that, but I kept reading reviews that said the Fantasy Hack in the guide would work as a loose base that would need a great deal of shoring up to fit one's game. So I decided to start from the direction I was introduced to Cortex Plus and convert from MHRP since it sounded like I had some work ahead of me either way.

I struggled through many iterations of Affiliations (Martial/Skilled/Magic; Fortitude/Reflex/Will; Body/Mind/Soul) before deciding that keeping the Solo/Buddy/Team structure would add a dimension I always felt was lacking in my games.

I looked at making Class a limiter on what power traits you were allowed to choose, but decided that a single power set representing your class with no limiters flowed better and made room for all the character concepts that never worked out as well in D&D as people would have liked.

I'm hoping that the starting point I set for characters allows enough variety, while still leaving room for growth.

Remove ads