• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Hockey 07/08

Agamon

Adventurer
Time for our just-for-fun-and-bragging-rights NHL Yahoo fantasy league. I waited too long last season, so let's get 'er going early.

Just like last time, we'll use the pre-rank/autodraft system to draft players. Once you've created your team, there's an obvious link on your team page to change your pre-draft rankings that Yahoo will use to select your players.

The rules are similar to the default league from a couple seasons ago (head-to-head, unlimited trades, waivers and daily roster edits, etc.). I added one stat categories from default for skaters: short handed points. Here's what you need to join:

League ID#: 21289
League Name: ENW/CM 2007-08 Hockey Pool
Password: enwcm
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/enworldcircvsmaximvs
Draft Type: Autopick Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 6, 2008
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Agamon

Adventurer
Another bumpsky. I know with CM, this forum ain't what she used to be, but surely some of the people from the past leagues are lingering around?

OakwoodDM

First Post
I would be interested in trying this, but seeing as I'm from the wrong side of the Atlantic, I have worries along the lines of:

I've never participated in something along these lines before. Sure, I've done Fantasy Football (soccer), but it seems somewhat different to this

And, I have very little knowledge about Hockey players beyond those I read about in match reports on Yahoo.

Basically, I'm fully expecting that if I do join in, I will be spectacularly rubbish, and so I don't want to take up a spot if there is limited space and someone who is worthy of the spot would miss out because of it.

At the moment, we certainly need another player, so sign up!
As for being across the Atlantic, that's no big deal. You just rotate your players naturally before the game. And the draft is set for AutoPick, so you don't have to make any tough choices up front. Yahoo! pretty much recycles Associated Press news reports, so you'll have as good info as the rest of us -- well, except any Canadians who actually get to watch a lot of the games with out paying big wads of cash for the "Versus" cable-TV network.

OakwoodDM

First Post
Thanks, I will. Sadly, I can't sign into Yahoo at work, and am still waiting for the broadband to be connected at home after a move of house. What's the closing point for joining? We should be connected by the weekend, but you never know...

Remove ads