• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape Q

physics_ninja

First Post
I am thinking about buying the Farscape DVD for my viewing pleasure. (If I can get past the sticker shock, they are very expensive).

Anyways, what is the difference between the orginal release and the starburst editions?

Does anyone know where I might get them for less than a house mortgage. (Say $30-50 per season instead of 3 times that?)

Thanks in advance.

If you're okay with a digital version, all the seasons are now up on iTunes for not-so-horrible prices. At least better than some of the insane amounts of the DVDs if you can even come across them.

Merkuri

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
I suggest used book stores. My roommate got Season 5 of Angel for $20 from one of those.

I've been looking for years. I have NEVER found a Farscape season less than $50. Most of them are more like $90. I'm not positive why they're so much more expensive than your average scifi show like Angel or SG1.

I think the Starburst editions have more special features, and may be packed into fewer DVD per season, but I'm not positive.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Merkuri said:
I've been looking for years. I have NEVER found a Farscape season less than $50. Most of them are more like $90. I'm not positive why they're so much more expensive than your average scifi show like Angel or SG1.

For two reasons:

1) Farscape was expensive to make - something like $1.4 million per episode.

2)The fans who want the series are fairly rabid, such that they'll pay that kind of price.

Volaran

First Post
The price point has kept me away from Farscape DVDs for quite some time now.

This also applies to the new Doctor Who, save for the first season, which I received as a gift. I balk at $90-100 for 13-14 episodes.

GSHamster

Adventurer
If you just want to see them once, you can see if you can rent them from Blockbuster or Neflix. It should work out to something like $20-30 a set or so.

Might be expensive, but if you're only going to watch them once, it's cheaper than buying them.

Orius

Legend
Umbran said:
For two reasons:

1) Farscape was expensive to make - something like $1.4 million per episode.

2)The fans who want the series are fairly rabid, such that they'll pay that kind of price.

That, and there might not be enough demand for the series to crank it out in larger numbers that would lower the price.

Remove ads