• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favored Soul of Dol Arrah Character Build -- Critique Away!

Elwood Slayer

First Post
Okay, the Vigor line of heal-over-time spells looks fantastic. They are in the Complete Divine, I had just not read them and thought about them enough before you pointed them out.

I will definately make some changes to my build now that I have read the spells available in Complete Divine.

I can see how Extend Spell is really strong with Vigor spells. Consider the level 3 spell Mass Lesser Vigor cast at 10th level. This will heal 20 hit points to 5 people (the whole party probably). Used with Extend Spell, it would heal 40 hit points to the whole party. Being able to pretty much heal up the whole group after a really rough fight while using only one 4th level slot is really strong.

I may take Extend Spell instead of Silent Spell or Empower Spell, since I think most of my heals will be in the form of the Vigor line.

Maybe my feat progression should look this:

1: Two Weapon Fighting, Combat Reflexes
3: Spinning Halberd Weapon Style Feat
6: Extend Spell
9: Power Attack
12: Heroic Spirit
13: Action Surge

Elwood Slayer

First Post
The extra attack from Spinning Halberd does not count as an "off hand" attack; it counts as an extra attack from the halberd. You could combine that with your two-weapon fighting (put it to some use) with armor spikes. So, your unmodified TWF attack routine at 8th level would look something like +4/-1 Halberd and +4 Armor Spikes and -1 Halberd Butt.

Neat idea - I was thinking that feat would be a complete waste, just to get me to Spinning Halberd. I will definately look into armor spikes or any other way to put it to use.

Remove ads