Favorite D&D Deity?

Libertad

Hero
It can be your favorite choice for a Cleric/Paladin/etc PC, or just the one you like most for whatever reason.

If we're counting Pathfinder and 4th Edition, you can't get much cooler than Asmodeus. Lord of Hell, Paragon of Law and Evil, his clergy rule the prominent Empire of Cheliax in the world of Golarion, and he manages to hold fast against the infinite demonic hordes in the Blood War with superior tactical forces and organization. And in 3rd Edition his true form is a titanic miles-long serpent.

You can't get more badass than that!

Remathilis

Legend
I played a badass cleric of Moradin once.

However, the coolness of the Raven Queen cannot be understated.

That said, I love Crystal Dragon Jesus -like churches: The Church of the Silver Flame (Eberron) and The Church of Ezra (Ravenloft) rank right up there for that.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Olidammara hands down; Ehlonna if I'm feeling charitable, Tamara and Hlal if I feel I can get away with it or Selûnne if playing on the Realms. Procan and Hextor have a thing of being cool on their own though. On evil gods Falazure, Chronepsis and Tiamat.

And on a bigger picture anything but Pelor, Pelor is very dull.

JeffB

Legend
I had a badass recurring villian who was a Evil High Priest of Apshai (sup IV,.suckas!)

For strictly D&D brand I like/have used priests of the following for adversaries..Bane (pre TOT nonsense), Gruumsh, Erythnul, Myrkul (again pre TOT), Zehir, Ilneval.

As a player..well its been decades...Odin, Tyr,.Mitra,.St. Cuthbert

BLOOD AND SOULS FOR LORD ARIOCH!!

PigKnight

First Post
I like Wee Jas/The Raven Queen, I like nonevil necromancers and goth chicks. Also, are they the same goddess? I get a same goddess vibe off them; was she renamed because of some legal thing?

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
I like the interaction that exists between Pholtus and Saint Cuthbert. Two deities who share an alignment and, ostensibly, should be on the same side but cannot help but oppose each other.

Personally, I find The Raven Queen rather banal.

Darth Illithid

First Post
The Raven Queen. A non-evil goddess of death who has an eternal loathing of the undead? Ridiculously awesome. One of my favorite characters (that I didn't really get to play) was a warforged paladin of the Raven Queen - a near-immortal crusader sending the foes of his goddess to face their judgment at her feet.

Remove ads