• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Dragon?

johnnype

First Post
The index on the WotC website lists dozens of different Dragons (and that doesn't include third party sources). I'm curious to see which one is your favorite and why.

For me it's got to be one of the gem dragons although I'm having a hard time deciding which. I love the fact that they are the draconic embodyment of psionics.

A close second has to be the shadow dragon but then again I have a thing for all things shadow.

My least favorite has to be the red dragon. I'm so sick and tired of this overused and overexposed monster I could puke.

Your turn.

Crothian

First Post
My favorite dragons are the small dragons the party adopts and become NPCs. In the current campaign it happens to be a pseudo dragon the Wizard has a familiar.

as for least, again its not a particular type but in how they are used. I hate tyhe through away dragons that are just there to be killed. Now granted I've used them but I try to make them rare.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Pseudodragons, but mainly because they're Tiny and they can become familiars, so you can actually have one in the party.

player 2

First Post
This is an easy one for me! :D I have not been playing long, so my experience is limited. My favorite dragon hands down is the one I am currently playing! I am playing a Gold Half-Dragon Samurai (OA not CW) I love the flavor she adds to the game, she is a great warrior. Other than that, I have only seen the "standard issue" dragons. Red, Gold, Blue, Green. I look forward to seeing some of the other dragons and their roles in various worlds as my experience grows.

Psion

Adventurer
johnnype said:
The index on the WotC website lists dozens of different Dragons (and that doesn't include third party sources). I'm curious to see which one is your favorite and why.

For me it's got to be one of the gem dragons although I'm having a hard time deciding which. I love the fact that they are the draconic embodyment of psionics.

Similar, though I'd say Amethyst, Sapphire, or Emerald. Probably Sapphire.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Blue dragons as portrayed by Dragonlance.

An extremely lawful races (no, not foolishly lawful, more of a devilishly lawful) who are disgusted by Tiamat's chaoticism. True as steel to their riders (when they have one) if they consider him/her worthy and if him/her also respects the dragon accordingly.

Plus, they've got the second most cool breath weapon, and azure scales are plain neat.

You smell a strong scent of ozone...

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm partial to Rust Dragons.

I even painted one of my Reaper Dragons as a rust dragon (that's dedication!!)

Although, I admit it could easily be used as a bronze or copper dragon just as easily.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads