• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Favorite maps from published adventures

redrick

First Post
I like to pick up adventures whenever I can. Most of them I'll never run, but I use them more for inspiration and ideas.

With that in mind, do you have any maps from published adventures that really stood out to you? It could be because they were really well drawn, or it could be because of a very effective design, or because of their accuracy in capturing a particular style of building.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I like to pick up adventures whenever I can. Most of them I'll never run, but I use them more for inspiration and ideas.

With that in mind, do you have any maps from published adventures that really stood out to you? It could be because they were really well drawn, or it could be because of a very effective design, or because of their accuracy in capturing a particular style of building.

I really do love all of Schley's maps, simply because they're pretty.

Tormyr

Hero
The whispering cairn from the adventure of the same name has fun puzzles, traps, and multiple sections. It also has one of the best opening adventures I have come across.

aco175

Legend
Keep on the Shadowfell. I must have used those maps a dozen times. The cemetery and kobold lair are good and the King's Road is starting to fall apart from use.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Any maps by Benoist Poire.

C9PKpeUVoAAUalm.jpg

C4_1PyWUYAEQkhw.jpg

C9fdyDRUQAAPzC2.jpg

Last edited:

redrick

First Post
In general, Dyson Logos's maps are very evocative and useful. I highly recommend picking up his books of maps, very convenient - need a tower? Scroll through for a few min and bam, tower! Etc etc.

https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/

Agreed. Dyson Logos is great and I've purchased one or two of his PDFs. And since the maps he posts on his site are hi-res and unnumbered, I should probably just use some of them wholesale. If I still played on Roll20, those would be great.

In other news, this is one of the best covers for an adventure I've ever seen - and it's sort of a map:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/weekly-mind-mine-14315154

Wow, that is a great image. Thanks for the tip!

GlassJaw

Hero
Ooh, great thread topic! Maps are near and dear to my heart, and most of my favorite modules/supplements are in large part because of the maps.

Almost too many to list but here's some favorites that instantly come to mind, in no particular order:

• 1ed-2ed boxed sets: City of Greyhawk, Greyhawk From the Ashes, FR City of Splendors
  • Ad&d I6 Ravenloft
  • Ad&d I3-5 Desert of Desolation
  • Ad&d T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
  • D&D B10 Night's Dark Terror
  • Spelljammer SJR5 The Rock of Bral
  • 3ed Necromancer Games Lost City of Barakus
  • 3ed Necromancer Games Vault of Larin Karr
  • Dungeon magazine Shackled City Adventure Path

Lots more from old Dungeon magazines too.

Remove ads