• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Online Haunts for RPGs

Dremmen

First Post
So what are your favorite online RPG stores? I try not to go Amazon if I can, although that 30% off with free shipping is sometimes too much to bear. But they have mostly mainstream stuff only. So, other than the titan that is Amazon, my favorite three are;

1.Sci-Fi Genre.com - local, if you live in North Carolina - they're in Durham. And wonderful service, real friendly, good variety of RPGs and minis. Can also get free shipping.

2.Do or Dice - An old favorite, usually have a little bit of a discount and can always get a live person on the phone.

3.RPG Store - They have discounts at 30% and above, and the S&H is not bad. But they are hard to get a hold of. In fact, if I can't get a response from them soon I'm cancelling my last order and going to pay more elsewhere.

Dremmen

First Post
One of the big things for me is whether they have a number to contact them or not. If the only thing they have is an e-mail, then I usually go browse elsewhere. There's just something about being able to call up a live person and ask about this or that, ya' know? ;)

reveal

Adventurer
Dremmen said:
One of the big things for me is whether they have a number to contact them or not. If the only thing they have is an e-mail, then I usually go browse elsewhere. There's just something about being able to call up a live person and ask about this or that, ya' know? ;)

I'm just the opposite. I prefer to research things on my own. I have found that, unfortunately, most service reps, in whatever area they work in, don't know much about their products and are simply there to get a paycheck. :(

Dremmen

First Post
reveal said:
I'm just the opposite. I prefer to research things on my own. I have found that, unfortunately, most service reps, in whatever area they work in, don't know much about their products and are simply there to get a paycheck. :(

Oh, I don't call to ask them about the actual books. Those I research at places like rpg.net and the very fine reviews here at enworld. But I do like to call to verify that an order was indeed placed or if something is back ordered, I like to call to see how long they think the wait is. I've had one too many instances where I placed an order online, even got the receipt in my e-mail saying the order is placed, and then wait and wait and wait. Ended up that the order was never actually placed. Alas, no system is perfect. Hence, I like someone with a pulse to be there :D

Surprisingly enough, I've found that Walmart.com is the least expensive I've seen for RPG books. Granted, you can only get the major names there - like WOTC - but the discount is usually less than Amazon.com, and shipping is WAY cheaper than anywhere else I go online.

Downside? It takes them longer to get in new materials than my FLGS. So its a trade-off - how badly do I want said book?

Dremmen

First Post
der_kluge said:

WHOA..you weren't kidding. Talk about some deep discounts. I just e-mailed them a question so now I can see how the customer service is. If they're as good as they say, they may get bumped into my top 3 list. RPG Store has yet to get back with me, so I'm thinking they're getting dropped off the list :mad:

What is Stiggybaby's shipping like?

I just purchased Champions of Ruin from Walmart.com, and I noticed that stiggybaby.com has the book for the same price. I ended up paying about $4 for shipping and tax from Walmart, so I would like to know how stiggybaby stacks up.

Remove ads