• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Pizza Topping

fusangite

First Post
Frukathka said:
Just what the heck is canadian bacon? My dad tells me it is hot dog meat, but I have my doubts.
It's not. Basically, bacon, like ham, is a style of smoking a pig. Typically, however, the only part of the pig that is bacon-smoked that we regularly eat is the fatty side area that is normal bacon. Canadian bacon (a total misnomer as we Canadians eat less of it than Americans do) is a different, less fatty part of the pig from a particular cut of meat (I don't know which one) on the back. In addition to side bacon and back bacon, I've also had a bacon chop -- the pork chop cut of the pig. Bacon chop is way better than back bacon. As a Canadian, I'm embarassed that one of the lamest types of smoked meat in the world is named after us; we eat side bacon for breakfast just like anyone else sane.

fusangite

First Post
FreeXenon said:
D. What I like on pizza is MEAT!!!! BTW and fish is not meat and Chicken is!!!! Lots of meat, and kind of meat accept for fish, of course, which is not meat! Meat, Meat, Meat! Meeeeaaaaatttt!!!
I loooove Barbaque Chicken Pizza's! Yummy!
I despise chicken pizza. For a meat to be good on a pizza, it needs to be fatty. So, bring on the smoked oysters, shrimp and anchovies; save your fat-free watery/chewy chicken breast for something else!

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
fusangite said:
I despise chicken pizza. For a meat to be good on a pizza, it needs to be fatty. So, bring on the smoked oysters, shrimp and anchovies; save your fat-free watery/chewy chicken breast for something else!
:lol:

I will rephrase one of the things I said earlier "Seafood does not belong on a pizza and neither do fruits or vegetables. If you want those get a salad! :p

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
FreeXenon said:
:lol:

I will rephrase one of the things I said earlier "Seafood does not belong on a pizza and neither do fruits or vegetables. If you want those get a salad! :p
I love seafood, and you are half-right. Seafood doen't belong on pizza.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Veggies and Meats on pizza. I'm an omnivore.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I like seafood as well. A side of shrimp and lobster with a thick juicy prime rib! Yummy!

Qlippoth

Explorer
I have several scenarios that determine the faves to choose:

Date In The Same Evening: Eggplant+Broccoli+no sauce (Cambridge/Somerville, MA people: call Pini's & get a Bianca);
No Date In The Same Evening: Spinach & Garlic; &
Travel Back In Time & Find The Right Place: order the most amazing pizza I've had in my life: Asparagus+Shrimp+Garlic. Simply wonderful.

ssampier

First Post
FreeXenon said:
B. Chick Fil-a does Rule!

I was a college dorm resident. Since dorms rooms lack cooking facilities, I had a certain of money to eat at the official "dining establishments" on campus. My first year there, they had Pizza Hut, Pretzel Maker, and Chick Fil-a. I grew quite tired of Chick Fil-a and Pizza Hut. The next year they removed all of these, so I started to miss it.

jester47

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I like pineapple and canadian bacon quite a bit, however; my favorite, favorite, favorite is a pizza piled high with veggies. Tomatoes, green peppers, onions, black olives, mushrooms... Mmmm! DELIGHT!

As an interesting side note, The Universe and I served pizza at our wedding... so much fun!

Yoink! I am so stealing that...

jester47

First Post
FreeXenon said:
I was in the Czech Republic visiting friends and I ordered a Peperonni Pizza and it came back as pizza toppped with Green Peppers. Boy was I surprised. Mark that up as a lesson learned!
You know there was a debate in the back about just exactly what a peperonni pizza was.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads