• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Storyteller system?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Three way tie:

Mage: the Sorcerer's Crusade - Who says that the World of Darkness can't be circumvented?

Vampire: the Dark Ages - my longest running Storyteller game

Changeling: the Dreaming - not so much World of Darkness as World of Adjustable Mood Lighting...

And I will admit it, I really like the Storyteller System, especially when introducing new players to roleplaying. The system is simple enough to explain in half an hour as they generate their first characters.

The Auld Grump, who's nickname comes from Changeling: the Dreaming...

Wormwood

Adventurer
Mage reads the best, plays the worst.

Werewolf is the most playable, but it's central 'straw-man' premise wears thin quickly.

I loved White Wolf games, but they lost me a while back.

Tsyr

Explorer
I dunno...

A three-way tie between Werewolf: The Appocolypse, Mage: Sorcerer, and Changeling: The Dreaming.

Werewolf is great overall. I love the feel, I love their particular take on the WoD mythos, and I enjoy werewolves in general.

Mage: Sorcerer is a great low-powered take on Mage... It's a nice book.

Changeling is fun and cool on so many levels... courtly intrigue, romance, and high-fantasy, as elves, hobbits, etc... While superimposed over the real world, but no one notices. And that doesn't do justice to trying to decribe Changeling either, but it's the best I could come up with on short notice.

I also like Exalted, but that's so different that... I dunno, I'm not counting it, I guess.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mage: The Ascension is my favorite. It needs a good group, and a good GM, but with those things, we've found the commonly percieved difficulties vanish.

Remove ads