D&D 4E Favourite 4e-inspired games?

ve4grm

First Post
Not that I noticed. I didn't see any encounters or dailies on the fighter, for instance, just a sort of random walk where the attack roll decided what you did.

The Fighter has a couple (at high level), but that's more the casters for sure. It brought in the concepts, without bringing in the strict pattern of ability gain that 4e had.

The leveling out of casters and non-casters was meant as a separate point.

Regardless, I think we're off topic here.

Not that I noticed. I didn't see any encounters or dailies on the fighter, for instance, just a sort of random walk where the attack roll decided what you did.

Yeah, this is one of the things that MUST be around for a game to be "4e like" to me, it has to allocate powers to all classes in a consistent fashion where they work basically the same way and could be swapped (at least in theory if not in actual practice). Neither Radiance nor 13a do this.

The Human Target

Adventurer
I never got the whole 'Radiance is like 4e' meme. I read it, and I couldn't see any trace of the way 4e plays in Randiance. I mean, maybe I just fail to 'grok' something about it, but the game felt very much like "3.5 with some of the more egregious issues patched" more than anything else. It has some commonalities with 13a maybe, but the classes are NOTHING like 4e, nothing at all.

I certainly think it takes some notes from 3e, in regards to characters all being competent and have mechanical heft to them. The powers are formatted differently and use a different resource set up, but they exist.

Remove ads