• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite Warlock Pact

What is your favourite warlock pact?

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I like infernal pact the best, because I believe all warlocks should be Con-based, but I also like the effectiveness and utility of the pact. However, as far as style goes, starlocks do indeed top the list.

Maleketh

First Post
I'm a dark pact fan myself. Properly utilized, darkspiral aura can be a very effective damage machine, and the powers have some excellent flavor (dealing some damage to your allies to improve your powers). The pact also works well with the Dark Fury feat, since so many of its powers deal psychic or necrotic damage.

Corvinus

First Post
Infernal Warlock + Tiefling + Hellfire Blood + Flame Wand + Gloves of Piercing (to break that pesky resist at least once per day) = Flamey goodness.

There are an awful lot of blast and burst effects that suplement the usual warlock role of striker, as well.

Give him more hit points for the high constitution, temporary hit points from his pact boon, the tiefling's ferocious rebuke with the push 1 effect, a very high INT score for his status effects, reflex, and armor class, and he can be one very mean machine.

You'll definitely feel the effects of being a one-trick pony when you face fire-based creatures, but the natural fire resist and at least decent non-fire attacks can ride those out, too.

So yeah... I'm pretty satisfied with infernal the few times I've tested it out.

Our primary party's star lock is a touch anemic by comparison. The fey lock we used to have in the party is something of a bad joke. Never tested dark, though.

burntgerbil

Explorer
It's also worth noting that the original (3.5) 'lock was a blend of Dark/Infernal powers - The least popular on the poll. It shows that they listened to the players and opened up these great class possibilities.

I didn't see Vermin up there, so I voted Infernal as my runner up. :) In both cases, it is purely because they fit my recent character concepts best. Doesn't much matter to me what stats they focus on.

Remove ads