• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat and Technique for your review

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Hadoken Technique
prerequisites: BAB 3+, Dodge, Spellcraft 5+
benefit: The save DC for all spells with the [Fire] descriptor you cast increases by 1. Whenever you must make a reflex save against a spell you cast yourself, you take no damage upon a succesful save.

Hadoken Mastery
prerequisites: BAB 10+, Combat Casting, Dodge, Hadoken Technique, Concentration 8+, Spellcraft 8+, Tumble 5+, Dex 15+, must be able to cast at least 3 spells of different levels with the [Fire] descriptor
benefit: You gain a +4 competence bonus to your AC against Attacks of Opportunity you draw while casting any spell with the [Fire] descriptor

Comments?

Anabstercorian

First Post
Crothian said:
Both seem pretty good to me

Hadoken Mastery is, unfortunately, er, worthless, or at least that's my hunch. You'd probably be better off taking Skill Focus: concentration to be able to avoid provoking an AoO more reliably.

The first one is clever, though.

Geoff Watson

First Post
Hadoken Technique looks OK.

Hadoken Mastery is extremely weak. I suggest that it allows you to cast Fire spells without provoking an attack of opportunity. Considering it's pre-reqs, that's probably still too weak to be worth taking, but someone might.

Geoff.

Remove ads