• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

feat or ability score increase?

Rudar Dimble

First Post
I'm playing a tiefling rogue 2 and I got lvl-up yesterday. Now, do i get an extra feat (because I have 3 character lvls now) or do I get an ability increase (because I have got 4 lvls....tiefling is LA +1 and 3 character lvls)???

Thanks

hong

WotC's bitch
You get an extra feat. The LA +1 is just an adjustment for the purposes of awarding XP (and a few other things).

Knight Otu

First Post
Feat. You receive feats and ability score increases based on yout total hit dice (class levels plus racial hit dice, if any). Since the tiefling has no racial hit dice, it has 3 HD at level 3.

Rudar Dimble

First Post
another PC is playing a drow. Some rules? Drow is LA +2 and he is now a 2nd level ranger. Does he get a feat now (with his 2nd level) or when he hits 3rd lvl ranger?

Knight Otu

First Post
He also only gets a feat when he reaches level 3. But note that he still gets the combat style bonus feat for having two ranger levels.

hong

WotC's bitch
Rudar Dimble said:
another PC is playing a drow. Some rules? Drow is LA +2 and he is now a 2nd level ranger. Does he get a feat now (with his 2nd level) or when he hits 3rd lvl ranger?
No. he gets to die a horrible death for playing a drow ranger. Horrible, you hear me?

Rudar Dimble

First Post
Yeah, I know about the combat style etc. It's not that I don't know the rules or something (been playing D&D for over 7 years now), but it's the first time we play savage species and try to follow the rules (normally we dont care about the rules that much)'

And...the player is new (well, he's in the group for a year and a half now) and he has just read the Drizzt-books. His 'dream' was to play his own Drizzt-like guy. But his character is not a Drizzt-copy or something.
And if he wants to play a drow ranger...then he plays a drow ranger. In th end it's all about having fun.

Last edited:

Rudar Dimble

First Post
UltimaGabe said:
Actually, it isn't anymore. Have you seen the new 3.5 Errata? That rule was nerfed out, along with Haste.

But it also sdays that you can change, remove or add rules as you and your group see fit (or something like that): well, we brought the rule back in.... :]

Last edited:

Remove ads