• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat suggestions for 16th level Fighter/Cleric gestalt

Bumamgar

First Post
This human fighter/cleric gestalt is a single weapon (longsword) + shield build and I'm trying to pick my 16th level fighter bonus feat.

So far I have:
Weapon Focus (longsword) (war domain bonus feet)
Spell Penetration
Combat Casting
Shield Specialization
Divine Ward
Improved Initiative
Dodge
Mobility
Weapon Specialization (longsword)
Greater Weapon Focus (longsword)
Greater Weapon Specialization (longsword)
Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing)
Armor Specialization
Combat Focus
Combat Vigor
Combat Defense

I'm primarily interested in feats that increase my damage, ability to hit, or number of attacks. I have most WoTC 3.5e sourcebooks, so pretty much anything goes.

Thanks for the advice!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Here are some feats that give the effects that you requested:
Power Attack
Slashing Flurry
Improved Shield Bash to get ready for Agile Shield Fighting
Combat Strike
Martial Study to learn a maneuver you can use once per encounter, and get you the prereqs to pick up a stance for a feat later on. Burning Blade would give you 1d6+half character level fire damage to all your attacks for one round as a swift action. Cloak of Deception would give you greater invisibility for one round as a swift action.

Here are some fun or otherwise simply useful feats:
Elusive Target turns a good defense into offense.
Shield Ward gives you several good benefits.
-blarg

Pinotage

Explorer
Yeah, some of the Divine feats would be useful. Also take a look at Melee Evasion (PHB II) - it's also quite nice for avoiding blows in combat.

Pinotage

Bumamgar

First Post
Thanks for all the input. The divine feats are definitely interesting, although her Charisma is fairly low.

Here's what my wife decided to do:

Respec (using PHII rules) "Combat Casting" to "Monkey Grip" and take "Two Weapon Fighting".

Additionally, add "Animated" enchantment to her shield.

For now, use a Large longsword in her mainhand, and a shortsword in her offhand. (-4 to attacks with mainhand, -2 offhand, 1 extra attack per round). (Drawback: doesn't gain the benefits of (greater)Weapon Focus/Specialization with her offhand, still gets Melee Weapon Mastery though, since the shortsword is a slashing weapon)

At 18th, get two feats (1 fighter bonus, 1 for level). Take "Improved Two Weapon Fighting" and "Weapon Supremacy" giving her 1 more attack with her offhand and a bunch of other fun stuff.

At 20th level, "Greater Two Weapon Fighting" (fighter bonus) getting a third offhand attack

At 21st level, take "Wield Oversized Weapon" (epic feat, CW), Switch shortsword in offhand to a normal longsword (which is treated as a light weapon due to the feat), penalties change to -2 mainhand, -2 offhand. Since she's now dual wielding longswords (one large, one normal sized) she again benefits from her (greater)Weapon Focus/Specialization feats with both hands.

Beyond 21st, she'll likely take "Perfect Two Weapon Fighting" (epic) to gain a fourth offhand attack, and then look back at some of the other feats suggested here.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Rather than spending a feat on Monkey Grip, have a look at Strongarm Bracers in the MIC. To fill the feat slot, I believe there's a feat in Complete Champion that gets you a bonus on damage rolls based on the highest war domain spell you have available to cast.

Bumamgar

First Post
blargney the second said:
Rather than spending a feat on Monkey Grip, have a look at Strongarm Bracers in the MIC. To fill the feat slot, I believe there's a feat in Complete Champion that gets you a bonus on damage rolls based on the highest war domain spell you have available to cast.
Sadly, Monkey Grip is a pre-req for "Wield Oversized Weapon" epic feat which will allow her to wield a long-sword in her offhand for free, as well as allow her to wield an over-sized longsword in her main hand.

However, she did go ahead and pick up the bracers in ADDITION to Monkey Grip, since they allow her to use an over-sized longsword today with no penalty, and Monkey Grip preps her for her epic feat in a few levels.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Quicken Spell. Why don't you have Quicken Spell? A Quickened divine favor is an excellent mid-combat buff. It's not a Fighter bonus feat, but you need it.

Extend Spell. For pre-combat buffing.

Divine Might. Your Charisma isn't great? Oh well, spend a 6th level slot on a Quickened eagle's splendor, or prep an Extended eagle's splendor and cast it before combat.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads