Feats for the Unusual Wizard

the Jester

Legend
DEHARMONIZE SPELL [Metamagic]

You can cast spells that damage those that detect them.

Prerequisites: Spell Focus (abjuration or divination), Knowledge (arcana) (6 ranks), Spellcraft (6 ranks), any other metamagic feat

Benefit: Any spell with a duration other than permanent or instantaneous may be deharmonized. Any time a deharmonized spell is studied by a creature using detect magic, identify, arcane sight or other similar means, the viewer must make a Will save against the spell’s DC or suffer 1 hp of damage per level of the spell. This save must be repeated for each round of study until the viewer succeeds at a saving throw. In the context of this feat, to “study” means to spend enough active attention to discern information about the magical aura in question.

A deharmonized spell takes up a slot 2 levels higher than normal.

MASTER OF DISPELLING [General]

Your prowess with a dispel magic is surprising.

Prerequisites: Ability to cast or use dispel magic or psionics as a spell, power, supernatural, spell-like or psi-like ability

Benefit: You gain a +4 competence bonus on dispel checks you make with spells, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, psionic powers and psi-like abilities.

SUPERIOR MASTERY OF DISPELLING [General]

Your proficiency with dispelling is amazing.

Prerequisites: Master of Dispelling, Spell Focus (abjuration), Spellcraft (13 ranks)

Benefit: You get a +4 insight bonus on dispel checks you make with spells, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, psionic powers and psi-like abilities. You can also target a specific effect with a dispelling ability or spell in addition to the normal targeting options.

fba827

Adventurer
the Jester said:
Is two levels too much for it?
For deharmonize? I am kind of leaning towards, yeah, 2 does seem a bit much for 1 damage per spell level if (and only if) a creature is using certain magical divinations.. especially when tossed in with the preprequisites. Hence, I'd lean for either 1 spell level increase .... but maybe that is just me (since in the games i am in, the situation where this would apply doesn't come up often).

fba827

Adventurer
also, quick comment. I have seen a general trend in the phb and dmg that bonuses are typically not named unless there is a magical influence at work.

(a couple exceptions do exsist with racial type bonuses and soe dodge bonuses)

But, having said that, it may not be necessary to name the bonuses as competance and insight bonuses repectively.

welby

First Post
one level adjustment seems a bit much for deharmonize spell. I think Crothian has the right idea, increasing the casting time.

Ferret

Explorer
That feat just threw me. It's for illusion mainly, yes? Or can I slap it on a fire ball and make them suffer for watching it, no?

the Jester

Legend
Ferret, my idea was that Deharmonize Spell would be good for most anything (except instant/permanent spells).

I particularly like the idea of deharmonized dominate or charm spells, by it'll work great on illusions too. :)

Remove ads