Feature request: Highlight old threads

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
In the past few weeks I've commented on more necro'd threads then I'd care to admit, since I should have checked the dates. I want to see old threads, such as guides and such, but it would be useful to have something visual to tell if a thread is old.

Is there any way we can get some visual indicator (icon, date in red, whatever) for older threads.

"Older" would mean to me either something more than a year old, or older than your "Default Thread Age Cut Off" in settings, whatever is easier.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm struggling to see the harm in it. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if the post dates were hidden altogether, nobody would even be able to tell they were necroed.

If it becomes a major problem, I might look into hiring somebody to code some kind of hack to the boards to do something like that, but it's only an occasional thing at present.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Not worth hiring someone. With the changes going on I thought you had a regular and might add it onto their low priority list.

Only "harmful" case I saw was someone attacking Mistwell last month about one of the charop guides he saved from the closing of the WotC boards. The guide had some information that has since been errata'd (needing a free hand to load a hand crossbow with the crossbow expert feat), and the guy was going off about how Mistwell should learn the rules before he dares to post a guide with invalid information in it.

But yeah, 99% of the time it's just to prevent a little egg on the face of posting "timely information" on a few year old thread.

CapnZapp

Legend
Rpg.net labels necroed threads.

But I'm 99% sure it is by manual moderator action.

Don't think it's feasible here with 1-2 mods(?); they have a dozen (?) mods.

Remove ads