Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

jasamcarl

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
OOC: Been Already done.

ooc: I'm not seeing a change in your hd/hit die, nor your feats (Extend Spell?), nor any not of the magic crossbow Jericho gave you. I need this stuff for reference.

Let's go with 40 charges on the want of magic missles by the way; sorry it took so long to get back to you on that.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Krug said:
Flipped through the book but didn't buy it. Anything helpful for Dwarven clerics? ;)

ooc: There is a neat earth oriented feat chain which makes use of your turn earth creatures domain ability, as well as divine feats, clan feats, some dwarf oriented equipment, the Earth Dreamer Prc, etc. Sometime before your next level, toss me your email address if you want the details. :)

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
jasamcarl said:
Mirth: Update your statblock in the ooc forum!!! Oh, and mirth, just give me some clue as to what you would have Tarowyn do during the downtime. I know you are probably still busy, so no rush; You have the weekend atleast. :) By the way, were you able to get 'Three Arrows for the King'?

OOC: Sorry about the delay. Character's been updated. Got the revised 3 Arrows for 3.5E but the PrC I was considering wouldn't come into play for several levels so I gave up on it. There are some feats I wouldn't mind trying out, but since I don't get any this level, I didn't bother sending them to you. I did pick up a new skill from the book, Perform (trickshooting), which I address in the post below. As it stands now, I'm all set to take my first level in Order of the Bow Initiate whenever we level up again.

Tarowyn didn't much care that he was excluded, even shunned, by the majority of the Evenwoods, he almost welcomed it. Given his overall anti-social attitude, the time alone didn't bother the archer in the slightest. His loyalty was to the Fist, not some holier-than-thou group of supposed "nobles."

What did bother him was the suspicious looks he got from the rest of the Fist. Of course, Jericho, Krug and Norri would never say anything to his face, but he could feel the "distance." Only Whitney seemed concerned with that thing that had possessed him, although she too kept mostly to herself in her pursuit the thing's origins. He couldn't say the name, even now, even to himself. He could still feel the remnants of its passing sticking to the walls of his brain, slimy and unclean.

In an effort to keep his mind occupied elsewhere, Tarowyn took to making long forays into the woods alone, running cross-country for miles [OOC: gained the Endurance feat]. He also honed his skills with the bow, challenging himself to ever more difficult shots -- over the shoulder backwards to target enemies to the rear; ricocheting off tree limbs to get behind an enemy's cover; and so on.

Tokiwong

First Post
jasamcarl said:
Jericho: Lord Evenwood accepts Kravik's remains with a look that is a mix of formal joy and appreciation at your victory and a touch of sadness at the betrayal that precipitated it. All the same, he renews the conditions of the agreement used to get you to take command of his armies, describing the wealth of the Aporos lands that border Duvik's Pass and how you will be able to lay claim to it after the end of the campaign. Before you return to the field, he treats you to a roast derived from a boar he killed on a hunt in what were once the goblin woods, now his by the terms you agreed upon.

Jericho welcomes the meal as best as he can, but abstains from eating the boar since such meat is considered taboo in his lands. Jericho speaks, “Milord, as much as I enjoy the humble offer but we D’orites consider swine to be an unclean beast not fit for consumption. I must humbly refuse to taste of its meat, but I appreciate the dinner nonetheless. I assure you, your gratitude and gracious offer is not lost on me, but to honor my ancestors, I must abstain.”

Jericho excuses himself when the meal finishes and scribes a letter to Lady Gellen;

Jericho said:
Lady Gellen,

I apologize milady for not fully addressing your title and that of your father is this simple missive but considering our given relationship I felt that I could dispense with such extravagant titles. If I have insulted you, then please forgive me. This letter shall be brief. I have come to a decision to resign my intentions towards you milady, perhaps in haste I spoke to soon, and I did not fully understand what you truly seek in life. For that I apologize and I shall refrain from making such overtures toward you in the future. Best of luck to your future endeavors, milady.

- General Jericho Ibn Al-Sufaed

Jericho delivers the letter and then returns to his training with his blade. Although he never had the dedication to be a Samurai from his homelands, he often mimicked their techniques in his fighting, and studied much of their art in order to enhance his fighting skills. But in his heart he was masterless, and he could never submit to anyone’s rule for long because Jericho had his own ambitions. As he studied the map of the territories he would come to own, it was the beginning of establishing himself and making his mark on the land. The Fist were his allies and also a means to that end; and he never would forget that, they trusted him as friends, and he in turn trusted them.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Whitney, Norri, and Bhartus; You remember the creatures you battled in the clearing looking something like this:

MM35_PG22b.jpg

Remove ads