Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho

The initial daze of battle fading from their faces, every man in Jericho's army, common or noble, sports a grin on his face as they all make a sudden dash for the goblin camp, making all sorts of crys attesting for their lust for treasure (and other things, if they weren't in goblin territory ;) ).

jasamcarl

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Norri inclines his head briefly in acknowledgement of the complement.

Norri glances about him, watching pockets of goblins fleeings as fast as their diminutive stride can move them.

"Rathsek would be long gone unless there was a reason to stay," Norri says in response to Bhartus' demand, looking coolly at Tarowyn, "What keeps you here? You want something in exchange to get our friend back? If you're getting at something I'd request you hurry. The shorter our interaction Rathsek the better."

"Rathsek's" voice takes on something of a constant growl as he speaks, "I have no other motive, halfling, than to make this hunt interesting. So I give my prey fair warning" Tarowyn's body begins to rise to hover off the ground a few feet, "This is far from over" With that the 'elf' raises its head to the sky, closes its eyes..and drops to the ground, unconscience....

Just then, there is more movement out of the woods to the south. The sounds of battle have been replaced by the sounds of victory and jubilation, and several human, sporting the standard of House Evenwood under splotches of blood and dirt, emerge into the clearing..and head immediatly for the goblin loot that is spread conspicuously throughout the camp site. And a place of dark power gives way to a rush of mundane, very human greed....

Chapter's End. I will doll out the xp and treasure tommorow, though everyone (including mirth) should feel free to rp out the reunion.

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus gasps as the enemy disappears. He runs over to Tarowyn. "Ah elf.. what has happened to ya? Well we have the same annoying Tarowyn back now I would hope." He will perform some healing on Tarowyn if required.

Bhartus goes to greet Jericho. "Was there a battle? Did thou smite wildly?" says the dwarf, smiling.

Mirth

Explorer
Slowly, Tarowyn's eyes open and, upon seeing Bhartus, a sly grin appears, "I was almost gone, but your smell brought me back, dwarf..." The elf pushes himself up on his shoulders and promptly retches all over Bhartus' helping arm.

Looking around through bleary eyes, Tarowyn spots Jericho, "Sorry, I was mistaken, priest. It was the stench of bloody D'orite that brought me around. Quite bloody D'orite, from the looks of it..." With that, the elf passes out again.

Tokiwong

First Post
Krug said:
Bhartus goes to greet Jericho. "Was there a battle? Did thou smite wildly?" says the dwarf, smiling.

"There was much smiting... and Sir Kravik got his just rewards. I see your battle fared you somewhat well, and the elfy is as witty as ever," the D'orite grins.

Krug

Newshound
"Aye... methinks it was his nose that bought him back, or the chance to insult us once more," says Bhartus. "Thankfully your arrows and rapier are sharper than your quips elfie."

"And thank you, 'Julia'. Without thou's web, the bugbears would have sliced us into little pieces. And our determined halfling. Fought like a madman, he did!"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri is pleased to see the return of Tarowyn, and shoulders his short bow.

Krug said:
"And our determined halfling. Fought like a madman, he did!"

Norri sighs, putting a hand to the cuts along his cheek.

"Heh, had to be a madman to take on those... things, no doubt," he replies with a smile.

'Julia' nods as she walks up. "So our battle is done? The time for farce is ended?" she asks as she looks for the knights that had insulted and threatened her earlier. She pauses to put a hand on Tarowyn's shoulder, giving the elf a reassuring squeeze as she goes by. "Good to have you back old friend." she says with a smile, her cultured tone of voice returning as she sets aside the 'role' of Julia and returns to being 'Whitney' again.

"Tell me Jericho.." she asks as she steps up, collecting a purring Mist as she does so and cradling her in her arms. "might you care to walk with me, I've needs of the commander to introduce me properly to a few of the knights in your company, they mistook me for a lady named Julia.. would you care to properly introduce me know?" she asks with a wicked smile that says she is truly angry with someone in the collected company of soldiers.

jasamcarl

First Post
Epilogue

In the following few days, as the army settles down to rest in the ready made camp site and the spoils are sorted and distributed, each member of the party will recieve 1625 gp, which represents the traditional portion of the pilliage that a commander is entitled to. In addition, each member of the party, having overcome yet more awesome challenges and enemies, recieves xp as follows: Norri and Whitney get 1750xp, Bhartus 1500, Jericho 1600, and Tarowyn 550.

Whitney: As you make your true identity known to the knights (assuming Jericho does as you ask), they initially show great embarrasment, and then, getting word of your arcane prowess and (presumably) your role in the battle, even these brave nobles show outward signs of intimidmidation around the Lady. As days pass, though, the ambitions and roles of ones of their class overcome their unease and some make obvious attempts to court the beautiful woman of such high rank.

Bhartus: Many of the more devout (or superstitious) soldiers, mostly common infantry, approach you to give their thanks to both Moradin, who they refer to as the Great Dwarf, and his chosen people. Some, fearing for their family and lands openly plead for you to summon your kinsmen to the aid of the Kingdom and the North against its heretical enemies, believing that one who can call on such incredible divine patronage simply must have the means.

Norri: The common rank and file of the Evenwood host, already predisposed to liking the jovial wee folk, shower you with more offers of drink and play after hearing of your ordeal with the wolf creatures, "You gave them goblin monsters one good, I bet?" is a common question. The scouts are especially impressed with your exploits, appreciating any who is as lightly armored as themselves making such a show in a standup fight with stronger, larger advaseries.

Tarowyn: Already upset with the way you handled barter with Kravik, though no one had any love with him, most of the men, especially the Knights, have their low opinions reinforced after hearing rumors of your possession by foul spirits. Most of the army keeps its distance from you throughout the encampment.

Jericho: After two days, you recieve word by rider from Lord Evenwood: He congratulates you, the Fist, and his men on their resounding victory over the goblin host and his pleasure in seeing House Evenwood (despite the lack of an Evenwood in a command role), take a definitive step against the greenskin tribes. With that said, he orders you follow up your victory by razing and pilliaging every goblin settlement that remains in the Evenwood, killing or pushing out their inhabitants. You will move west through the woods as you do so, emerging into the open valley at Travensburg, from which you will move on to defend Duvik's Pass. With the bulk of goblin strength shattered, you should expect no more serious opposition during your passage through the woods, though hunting out the remnants of the tribes, many of which reside in small hilly settlments and caves in the far north of the woods, will slow down the army's march, requiring a slow travel time of about two weeks before you hit Travensburg.

ooc: Update your character sheets as usual. For those that level (Tarowyn and Whitney if i'm not mistaked) remove any unused Actions Points and replace them with 7 more. Assuming Jericho follows orders, you will have about two weeks of downtime, so give me a broad description of your activities in those two weeks if you wish. I'll start up the next chapter as early as this weekend.

Remove ads