Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri flicks his sword to one side in an effort to remove some ashes from the blade. He sheathes it and draws his bow, readying it in case of another attack, but his attention is on Bhartus and his efforts to destroy the obelisk.

jasamcarl

First Post
Charging towards the fiery stone, Bhartus' mace takes on bright white glow. As he raises the weapon in preperation for the strike, the holy light contorts around the mace, forming an outline of a hammer (Quickened Magic Weapon). The flames retreat from the priest, bearing exposed the dark black stone, which shatters upon impact with the mace head. The licks of fire immediatly expand, growing fiercer, as the holy light expands from the mace all along the obelisk. Both the dislocated dark shards and the greater mass begin to melt, seeping into the ground. The howls of what sounds like dozens of wolves can be heard within the melting stone as the last bit of slips away into the Earth, leaving no visible trace. In its place erupts a massive explosion the the purest white light, it's holy energies imbuing each member of the party with a sense of peace.

Norri: You're feel your fear and anxiety erode and your confidence renewed as your stare into the point of light.

The hawks give off a squack of triumph and soar straight up into the air, quickly disappearing into the now blue sky. A familiar voice, anger very much evident yells out from somewhere to the west, "Drardok!!!!!" Tarowyn hops down from an extremly high tree branch "Weaklings!!!" He strides over towards where Norri, and Bhartus stand.

The initial rage vanishes from his fine elven features, replaced by a look of dark curiosity. "You creature's weren't as easy a meal as the shaman bitch lead me to believe." He makes no immediatly threatening gestures, his arms keeping away from both the rapier at his waist or the longbow on his back.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Gasping after smashing the obelisk, Bhartus looks at the spot. He looks at his mace. "Aye.. thank you Moradin. You are the one who forges me."

He turns to Tarowyn, angry. "Elf, your dark gods have deserted you. How could thou join forces with weaklings as gobs? Are thou possessed?" Bhartus makes no violent motion either.

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho

The Guard retreats down the slope to join the ranks of pikman; as they do so skirmishing breaks out on their left fringes with the left most ranks of the recently rallied goblins as they renew their attack on the and the main mass of Evenwood foot.

The pikemen, tightnening their ranks as the goblins make another assualt, respond in kind, skewering the little greenskins on the tips of spears and using their larger size to crush them under foot. Within minutes, two out of every three goblins that remains of the their right flank is killed, the others, mostly on the far end of their line, wave in the face of greater numbers of the disciplined Evenwood troops.

The archers fire on those that remain, but the smaller number of targets, combined with the now familiarly dense fooliage, serve to obstruct the flight of the great arrow volley.

Meanwhile, the Knights, undeterred, make another charge into the heavily mauled formation of bugbears, this time managing to completly break what had once been the formidable goblin center. The monster's carcusses begin to pile up in the vicious melee, so high that, in places, Jericho can sees some Knights slow having to whell their steeds around the corpses. The scouts, lightly armed and not wishing to get in the way of thier nobles vicious work, begin to skirmish with the far right of the goblin left wing.

Lord Kravik can be seen dueling with a night near the rear of the now destroyed bugbear formation. Once most of his elite guard are fleeing or have fallen, he retreats, forcing Saladin into a quick charge and quickly joining with the goblin left wing, yelling out orders to for his 'officers' mixing common and what is presumably the goblin's language in a very erratic fashion, "Close ranks. Daruth Erak, Daruth Erak!!!"

The goblin right, or what remains of it, again looses its will to fight and breaks into retreat, fleeing back towards their camp.

Jericho's turn. You can move all your units. Currently, only the goblin left wing faces you, the rest of the horde either dead or fleeing.

Battle Diagram:

>G

>>>S
>>>>GGGG
>>>K
>>>C
>I I I I
>AAAA

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri breathes a sigh of relief when the unnatural feeling leaves, but is surprised by Tarowyn's appearance and statement.

"Bhartus, that's not Tarowyn, least not the Tarowyn we know," Norri interjects, casting a critical eye on Tarowyn.

His bow resides in his hands from before, but Norri doesn't look to be about to use it.

"Who, or what, are you?" Norri demands, "And what happened to Tarowyn? By the looks of you you're here to talk, so let's hear it."

Tokiwong

First Post
>>>>>S
>>>KGGGG
>>>CI I I I
>>>>AAAA

This is the formation I want :) and focus everything we got on the goblins!

Jericho charges his forces onward,
"We must not let te traitor escape... Kravik's evil ends this day!"

Mirth

Explorer
OOC: Well I turned in my thesis on Monday and I'm just waiting for the graduate school to accept it, so I guess I'm ready to rejoin the game. If you need to contact me, email is mirthcard [at] yahoo [dot] com.

Krug

Newshound
Congrats Mirth! :D Hope you turn to the side of the Light just in time. ;)

Bhartus flinches, wondering what has happened to his companion. True there were times the dwarf would have strangled him, but his skill with a bow was unsurpassed. He was one he would prefer to fight beside, rather than against.

jasamcarl

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Norri breathes a sigh of relief when the unnatural feeling leaves, but is surprised by Tarowyn's appearance and statement.

"Bhartus, that's not Tarowyn, least not the Tarowyn we know," Norri interjects, casting a critical eye on Tarowyn.

His bow resides in his hands from before, but Norri doesn't look to be about to use it.

"Who, or what, are you?" Norri demands, "And what happened to Tarowyn? By the looks of you you're here to talk, so let's hear it."

The sounds of the battle become more noticable as the fighting seems to be getting closer. Along the periphery of the camp, goblins, in individuals and small groups, are rushing north, not stopping to take notice of either the looted possessions stored in their tents or the various tall men (one exception) standing near where the great black stone used to be...

'Tarowyn' looks down at Norri, "You are a quick one, little mortal" The pupils in his eyes then dissappear as the whites become all black. The shadow the elf casts to his rear becomes longer, the eares lengthening, the head more squat..its the shadow a goblin might cast...an exceptionally tall goblin...."I am Rathsek. I would show you my true form, but I fear that you care for the body of this 'Tarowyn' more than my own. I quite enjoy this elf's body, actually. The human who lead's my servant's.." he points to the slain bugbears,"... in battle brought me to you my intended prey. When the elf killed his animal, he became a very desirable...vessal..his will retreated quickly, but his kind have always been...fickle" He chuckles abit in a voice that his momentarily deeper than what you would expect from Tarowyn.

ooc: nice to see you back, mirth. I'll email you and give the lowdown on what's happened to your pc and how you can get back in the game. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads