• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

Whitney pauses long enough to pull a bolt from her quiver and dashes to help the others as she struggles to c o ck her crossbow.

OOC: Moving to aid the otehrs, there is one sleeping bugbear left yes? And for Ebberon what type pc you need? wth? it censored my word?

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Despite landing two good, sharp blows with his little blade, Norri is unable to make an equally spectacular wound in the creature, its skin seeming both inordinatly tough and more ready to heal than could be expected.

As Whitney makes her way down the, circumventing her own webbing, her falcons keep harrassing the fiend, attempting to draw its attention off Norri. One swings around to its rear to graze it, but its quick reflexes allow it to lower its hind legs so as to avoid the sweep of talons from either bird. Overall, they seem more like nuisances to it.

A second later the Dwarf enters the fray, bringing his mace down on the fiend's side, but still it seems unaffected. The blow still attracts its attention however as it turns from Norri to Bhartus, "Dwarf!!!!!" its words seath with incredible contempt and furry, even given its circumstances. It lunges at Bhartus, bringing its maw down on the priest's arm, the fangs managing to pierce the chainmail, then flesh...

Bhartus takes 5.

Norri is up. The monster is flanked from every side. One bugbear remains, unconcience 10 feet from Whitney, who is at the base of the hill. I made a mistake in the earlier post, Norri is on the other side of the robed goblin, opposite the obelisk. Doesn't really make a difference, but still.. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>h
>>>>>>>>>OhrN
>>>>>>>>>>>B

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>b>>W

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus growls in pain. "Gahh!" he screams. He uses an action point to quicken casting Magical Weapon on his mace and tries to strike the creature again.

OOC: Can I administer a Coup with a crossbow or do I need to actually be up close? (don't have my books with me at the moment), if not, going to move down to where I can get a better view of the critter the guys are fighting and do the following. :

Whitney moves down the hill and pulls her wand from her belt and points it to the beast the others are fighting, sending a magic missle down the path with a command word (still need a charge count on this thing btw)

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho shouts for the Scouts, Knights, and Castle Guard to form a battle line that will be reinforced by his Infantry momentarily, trying to overwhelm Kravik with numbers!

Want the scouts to flank the Bugbears, while the Knights and Castle Guard shift to the left, Knights facing Bugbears, and the Castle Guard staung to their right.

jasamcarl

First Post
Norri manages another strike against the fiend as it concentrates its ire on Bhartus, this time stabbing into a prime spot between two ribs. Droplets of flaming blood run down the halfling's blade. The wound mostly heals after the sword is withdrawn, but a small burning mark remains. Reeling from the strike, the creature releases Bhartus' arm.

Just as the creature growls, shifting around to avoid the hawks as well as further sneak attacks from the halfling, it begins another forward leap at Bhartus, just as he begins his prayers. In mid pounce, a magical bolt strikes its chest, leading to yet another conflageration. The beast drops to the ground..the burning doesn't stop..getting hotter and hotter, its fur aflame, "Noooooo!!!" it looks directly at Bhartus, "You're people will feel endless agony, servant of Moradin.....HEAD MY WORDS!!!!" The creature explodes into a burst of fire, the head nearly singing the skin of those nearby. The burning mass is pulled up over the falcons, to the top of the obelisk, where it flashes out of existence. The flames around the giant stone become more intense.

Out of combat. One bugbear remains, unconscience. The Lady Whitney stands a few feet away from it.

Instead of heat, as the flames lick the air around it, ashes wafting throughout the clearing, everyone feels a sense of pure, unmittigated rage.

Bhartus: you again recall the myth of the Night Crafter and its armor of BLACK SCALES that could only be breached by a blow from Moradin's Hammer, which was said to be the greatest MAGICal WEAPON known to legend. OOC: Don't you just love wisdom/knowledge(religion) checks. :)

ooc Kain: you could dispell the webbing and use your crossbow up close if you still want to finish it off.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho

As the Knights and Noble Guards shift from the goblin left towards their center, the scouts wheel around and move north and then east (right) coming around to the rear of the bugbears, peppering the lumbering monster's ranks with arrows and initiating small melee skirmishes that force them to move some of their number about to counter the Evenwood raiders.

The Knights and Guard, seeing their chance renew their assault on the bugbears with even greater vigour. The results are devastating as many a goblinkin is skewered by the finly crafted longswords the noble horsemen carry or trampled under their steeds hooves, and the guard was similaliarly succesfull in almost punching a hole through the ranks of thier smaller fellows. After a minute or so of fighting, it appears from Jericho's vantage point farther south on the wooded field of battle that only about half the bugbear's numbers remain and that Kravik is struggling mightly to keep them in formation. If the Knights hadn't had their attention split covering the side of the those members of the Lord's guard from assualt by hordes of smaller goblin, it would seem that Kravik's heavy center would have been obliterated.

Kravik ablely ralleys his men, yelling out inumberable threats against any who will flee, "They'll kill you or I'll kill you, and even now I'm certainly more willing!!" is heard atleast once echoing over the melee. He then lauches a counter attack, using both his numbers and higher elevation to good effect. The Knights hold firm against the bugbears, but the Guard is partially overrun by the goblin hordes, loosing dozens of men to outright death, severe wounds, or simply the break of a few of its composite squads (unit takes one wound. If it takes another, it's considered destroyed for this battle.)

Heading the commander's threats, the remnants of Kravik's right wing rally near edge of their camp and charge back down the slope, colliding again with Jericho's pikeman in an awesome display of bravery..or cowardice...

Jericho's up. You can move all your units. Kravik got initiative and took all of his turns. Just to clarify, the goblins who even I thought were defeated are back, scuffling with your infantry. Chaning fortunes of war and all that. ;)

Battle Diagram:

>>>S
>>>BGGGG
>>>KC
>GG
>I I I I
>AAAA

Tokiwong

First Post
The City Guard will fall back and flank the cowardly goblins on the left. The Infantry will charge the goblins and try and overrun them; meanwile the archers will focus their fury on the goblins, and the Scouts and Knights will hold their positions.

Jericho shouts for his men to remain strong,
"If the Goblins throw down their weapons, then we will not slay them, but kill those that fight... Kravik's treachery will end here this day!"

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus calls to Moradin. "Moradin, may you use me as a vehicle. Strike through me now! Dismiss this abberation from the world!" Bhartus strikes at the menhir with his weapon, braving the flames.

Remove ads