• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter 7: Blood, Sweat, and Fears.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri holds his short sword with white knuckle grip as he moves to flank the remaining creature. While it's attention is focused on his celestial allies Norri tries to sneak attack it.

jasamcarl

First Post
Norri, still shivering from the effects of the banished monster's sorcery, springs to the right, bringing the tip of his shortsword down to carve a nice gash along the side of the remaining fiends torso as it remains distracted in melee with the celestials.

Whitney's hawks begin to glow, flashing out of existence with a screech as two more of the feathered celestials appear above the entangled bugbears, scratching their armor as they become more and more desperate to free themselves. Small twinkling bits of blue light appear around the head of the bugbear on the left; it collapses into the webbing, unconscience.

As Bhartus retrieves his weapon and begins to rush down the hillside, his fellow servant of Moradin furiously assualts the fiend in retaliationf or its wounds. Another claw swipe, in addition to the Norri's cunning sword work, cause it to howl in a combination of pain and frustration. Facing off against both beast and halfling, it turns to Norri, and, in a half serpentine voice, threatens, "I'll take any kill I can get, and you are the only mortal in sight, half-man" With that, it lunges at Norri, snapping at him with his mouth, which he ducks under only to find a powerful set of claws arching sideways towards him, scratching the scared little man.

Norri takes 2.

Norri is up. One robed wolf/goblin and one (conscience and entangled) bugbear remaining. Whitney's original hawks have returned to their home plane, but two more remain, harrassing the lone bugbear.

Battle Diagram:

>>>>>>>>>O>Br
>>>>>>>>>>>>N

>>>>>>>>>>>hh
>>>>>>>>>>B>b

>>>>>>>>>>>>W

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho

At their commander's word, their morale bolstered by his presence, the disciplined spearmen push against the wavering goblins lines. Overwhelmed by the superior numbers and greater disclipline of the Evenwood foot, the far right end of their line (your left) takes large number of losses. That, combined with the general decimation the befell the Kravik's right wing, leads it remaining remnantly to flee en mass, retreating north, around your scouts, up the hill side, back towards their camp.

Kravik, noting their flight from his position at the center of his line, yells in an enraged voice after them, "Cowards!! Return, or by the Laughing One, I'll have those fiends feast on every last one of your souls!!!"

Jericho's turn. You can now remove your remaining unmoved units, namely the Knights, scouts, and castle guards.

Battle Diagram:

>G
G

>>>BGGGG
>S>>KC

>I I I I
>AAAA

Krug

Newshound
On his turn, assuming he still can reach in time, Bhartus, shouting a vehement war cry, will strike at the goblin (if he's still standing). If he's not Bhartus will strike at the menhir with his mace. "Smash you those who would place their dark energies into stone!"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Three cuts along Norri's pale face bleed down into his collar. It looks worse than it actually is. The sense of despair gripping him prevents him from replying, because he's worried that if he opens his mouth he'll just wail in fear. Norri moves around to position himself opposite the badger and attempts another shaky sneak attack.

Whitney raises a finger and points at the remaining bugbear and with word unleashes a torrent of silvery missles of magic at it, putting her will and power behind the spell, eager to be done with the bugbears and eager to fight the bad guys at the column, as she unleashes her magics, she sends the hawks to harry the wolfgoblin thing that is threatening Norri.

OOC: AP to MAXIMIZE her magic missle spell.

jasamcarl

First Post
As Norri circles around so that his back is nearly against the north side of the obelisk, the fiends keeps his eyes trained on him, but continues facing towards the hill, not letting on which he will strike, the badger or goblin. Exploiting a momentary sideways glance by the monster towards the badger, the halfling rakes his shortsword across it wounded carcus yet again. The flames erupt from its eyes in pain and rage.

Whitney's magic erupts against the chest of the lone standing bugbear, leaving a huge gash that exposes his entire chest cavity. Black blood splashes profusly over webbing and ground as the large goblin collapses to the ground, dead. Their enemy fallen, the just summoned celestial hawks follow Bhartus as he approaches as quick as he the can on his short dwarven legs the center of the campsite. The hawks soar high above the camp until they hover between the fiend and the sun, at which point they dive towards it, talons open. Still in pain, the wolf monster is aware enough to crough to the ground, allowing the holy birds to sweep over it.

The badger leans back as if about to strike the creature, but a momentary flash of light later it is gone, only the echo of bark of frustration remaining.

The fiend turns on Norri, "Now, you will be mine, little one," It's teath born wide, its eyes begin to radiating flames in short, continuous bursts.

Norri: You feel something malevolant and evil forcing itself into your thoughts.

As the creature momentarily stays its physical attacks, the halfing uses the oppurtunity to slash it again, this time across the chest, flames slightly singing the small shortsword. The fiends wound quickly mends, but, either because of the attack or, despite his fear, Norri's still considerable will, it breakes off its gaze, "No!!!!"

Norri: The mental intrusion ceases.

Norri's up. One robed goblin/wolf remaining. Evering thing else is dead or taking a nap. :) Bhartus it 20ft away from the action.

>>>>>>>>>>>h
>>>>>>>>>ONr
>>>>>>>>>>>h

>>>>>>>>>>>B

>>>>>>>>>>>W

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Huffing and puffing, his stomach swinging and his heart beating frantically, Bhartus raises his mace to strike the wolf-creature. "By Gorm's burnt beard, I'll have yer head on a rack!" he shouts.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri stands his ground, somewhat bolstered after resisting the creature's mental attack. He swings his short sword wildly in an attempt to keep the creature away from him.

[ooc: spending an AP to get an extra attack.]

Remove ads