• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #8: You will Rune the Day...

jasamcarl

First Post
The young man, bombarded by the Fist's questions and still obviously upset, blurts out, "No, sirs. You be thrashing the orcs the last time you come visited Travensburg...." He quivers as he attempts to hold back onrushing despair, "Greenskins, sirs. They came from these woods, they did, riding big wolf-dogs. The men of the villiage tried to fend them off, but they have a greenskin sorcerous amongst them. Turned plants and our own animals against us. The took Lord Traven prisoner and forced all my folk to go up to the mountainside and dig out the rocks to that Dwarf tomb you discovered the last time you saved us. The goblin shaman sent me to tell some Broken Claw that if an army was spotted comming within a quarter days march of Travensburg, she would slaughter my people!!!" He puts his hands in his head and sobs, "My wife and kin!!"

ooc: sorry about the delay. test, then another test..feel free to flame me the next time i keep you guys waiting like this. :)

Tokiwong

First Post
jasamcarl said:
The young man, bombarded by the Fist's questions and still obviously upset, blurts out, "No, sirs. You be thrashing the orcs the last time you come visited Travensburg...." He quivers as he attempts to hold back onrushing despair, "Greenskins, sirs. They came from these woods, they did, riding big wolf-dogs. The men of the villiage tried to fend them off, but they have a greenskin sorcerous amongst them. Turned plants and our own animals against us. The took Lord Traven prisoner and forced all my folk to go up to the mountainside and dig out the rocks to that Dwarf tomb you discovered the last time you saved us. The goblin shaman sent me to tell some Broken Claw that if an army was spotted comming within a quarter days march of Travensburg, she would slaughter my people!!!" He puts his hands in his head and sobs, "My wife and kin!!"

ooc: sorry about the delay. test, then another test..feel free to flame me the next time i keep you guys waiting like this. :)
"Your family will be safe lad, but this is a grave threat... sounds like the goblin witch has decided to resurface... we should march immediately... though I have reservations of putting those folks into danger..." Jericho states.

Krug

Newshound
"The bloody goblins. We need to wipe every last one from the face of the earth!" says Bhartus, his face beetroot red in rage.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri's comical grins falters at the mention of a town held hostage.

"Erm... well... guess we can't take the army in too close, yeah? We could probe their defences with just the few of us then take in some elites while the rest of the army puts on a show outside the quarter-day boundary. Just an idea mind you," Norri shrugs, "Needs refinement if it's worth usin'."

Last edited:

Whitney Del Noire

"I mistrust this, we don't take the troops in, that puts us at a tactical disadvantage." Glances at the villager. "We do, and the town folk get slaughtered. Dire news." she finishes as she rubs Mist's ears as she thinks long and hard.

"An worse yet, I've got to wonder what they are seeking to do in the tomb? Do they know of something up there we don't or.. " she frowns and looks to Bhartus. "Or do they look to simply look the resting places of the dwarves for arms."

jasamcarl

First Post
The peasent scurries forward so that he is almost at the feet of the party, leaning forward, pressing his head down in an obvious show of supplication, "Oh, please, sirs, don't let the goblins see this host; they will kill my people swiftly, they will. The murderous monsters are so fast...we didn't see them until they had already entered the edge of the village. So many lads died that night..." Tears spill down from his face to the ground, "Oh please spare them the Laugh..i'll pledge both myself and my family to your most noble service if you do..."

ooc: here, elfie.. :)

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus turns redder after Whitney's comment. "Raiding dwarven tombs?? I'll personally smash each of them into the earth! And it seems we will be without our host... just the Fist again uh?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Krug said:
Bhartus turns redder after Whitney's comment. "Raiding dwarven tombs?? I'll personally smash each of them into the earth! And it seems we will be without our host... just the Fist again uh?"

“Wee man you are right, we need to be sneaky, but the army can be close by, once they are needed,” he looks to his companions, “I am ready to ride.” Jericho turns to his closest and most trusted officer, “Bring the men within sight of the village but do not approach and take great care to avoid goblin scouts. Leave exactly 24 hours after the Fist sets out to give us some lead time. Do not act until you receive word from me directly or you see a flaming arrow in the sky,” he says glancing to Tarowyn.

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Dwarven tomb, eh?" Norri scratches his chin at the thought of fine dwarven craftmanship and the price it might fetch, but thinks better of it, "Place'd be pretty solid, so it'd be difficult removing them if they were dug in."

Norri prepares himself for departure.

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Wee man you are right, we need to be sneaky, but the army can be close by, once they are needed,” he looks to his companions, “I am ready to ride.” Jericho turns to his closest and most trusted officer, “Bring the men within sight of the village but do not approach and take great care to avoid goblin scouts. Leave exactly 24 hours after the Fist sets out to give us some lead time. Do not act until you receive word from me directly or you see a flaming arrow in the sky,” he says glancing to Tarowyn.

The officer bows his head, "Yes, general" and rushes off to filter the message down the ranks. Murmers and whispers can already be heard emenating through the woods conscerning the possibility of another battle with the greenskins, who are also the object of none to few curses..

ooc: just waiting on elfie. :)

Remove ads