Feng Shuit IC

Someone

Adventurer
"No witnesses" means "bad news" in the new Edge´s book. The unremarkable man at the table jumps on the table and then from it [in slow motion] with a somersault: in midair, he rips the T-shirt and jeans from him, revealing a traditional black ninja costume, hood included.

He lands in front of the strange man with a glowing hand and Edge´s foot hits his elbow, trying to make him release the chinese fat man. Then turns his attention to the armed mans threatening the fleeing clients: Edge makes a somersault, two shuriken appears in his hands and fly towards the mooks. The first one hits precisely in the first goon´s gun, just in the button that makes the magazine fall, thus making the gun useless. The second hits another mook in the knee, making him fall to the ground screaming.

[Rolled a 3 for speed, that makes a Init of 11. Edge´s trying to save the chinese man before he becomes a doll, "disarming" the strange guy and forcing him to drop the chinese man with the sword:

Shot 11: Martial arts 14+5-4=16 (minus stunt penalty)

Shot 8 (or less, depending on active dodges): Attack two mooks at once: Martial arts 14+5-1-2=16.

If he´s attacked, he´ll use Fox Retreat to dodge actively; that would raise his active dodge to 19. with a dodge like that he could do the following:]

The guns lower at him and Edge evades the first bursts with a cartwheel. Then he produces a smoke bomb from under him costume and throws it to the ground.

Could be he´s not as fast as he seems? A crouched silhouette can be seen in the smoke, and the guns start blazing again. And, to the surprise of them all, the ninja in the smoke explodes with a BANG! One of the mooks approaches and finds only what´s left of a inflatable, life-sized ninja doll.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Dennis's jaw drops at the sight of the portal opening.

"This sure ain't street theater unless they've figured out how to add special effects."

Once the guys with guns start pouring into the room and the order is given to leave no witnesses, something in Dennis sparks to life - his survival instinct, his obligation to defend the helpless, his God-given duty to be a bad-ass American. "Hey, now that just ain't right...shooting down innocent people trying to enjoy a fine Tsou Tsung burger!" he shouts at the bad guys.

Initiative: roll 5 + 7 = 12

"Here, try some lunch!" Dennis cries as he charges the closest gun-toting thug. He flings the contents of the tray (Tsou Tsung's Super Ultimate Burger, Mega-size fries, and a large Coke) into the goon's face, then follows it up with a chop to the throat using the edge of the tray.

Shot #12:
Attack: 13 (+3) (-4) +1 improvised = 13

"You're going to owe me six bucks for that lunch, bud," he says to the thug he just lunched.

Dennis then turns to find a mook who looks ready to shoot anyone (particularly a non-combatant). He flings his food tray Frisbee-style, hoping to hit the gun and interrupt its aim.

Shot #9:
Attack: 13 (+4) (-8) +1 improvised = 10

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Shut up

As he tought that, he saw the portal opening.

"What the..."

"and you, besides the five, no witnesses."

Initiative: Speed roll (+6/-) +9 = 15

Fastly, some fog roll over all the place, and you can hardly see your nose. As the fog enter your clothing, you sense it a bit colder than the ambiant air.

I use the Fog effect of the Weather schtick so the opponents have no clear sight on the civilians. I had a bit of cold just to add some effect to my next move.
Shot 15: Sorcery roll (+4/-1)+12 = 15

"You make me angry, and you don't know with what your are messing, fools."

The voice is piercing the fogs who seems to absorb some of the sound, but you can clearly hear that voice, and as it talk, it became more depper and sinister. The nearest mook see coming out of the fog a skeletal form with rotten flesh who is deeply gazing him. His gaze enter the deep of is soul, feeling fear in all his body.

I use the Brain Shredder monster ability.
Shot 12: Creature Power roll (+5/-5)+14 = 14

Sun Jin take a great leap over the place where the portal was, and grab an electric lamp who was lithing the place and pull it on the head of a mook. As it hit the head of the guy, he amplify the electricty with his sorcery.

I use the Ligthning effect of the Weather schtick.
Shot 9: Sorcery roll (+2/-4)+12 = 10

One of the mook is tanding on the ground start to hear in the fog.

"Remember your ghost story. Remember your nigthmare you made after you have heard them. They were sweet dreams, I can tell you."

As the mook become nervous, Sun Jin enter the ground and then two skeletal hands grabs the legs of the mook and feel the cold of then throught all his body.

I use the Brain Shredder monster ability.
Shot 6: Creature Power roll (+3/-1)+14 = 16

For my remaining shots, I actively dodge the attacks with my creature powers, diving in the ground or leaping high over the mooks. (Making my dodge up to 17).

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Tatjana spits the last bite of her burger back at the table in the faint hope that she just are something bad and is halucinating. The teleporting stranger where bad enough but the flying ninja and now the skeletal form in the fog where just a bit too much. She picks up her table and throws it through the window before she jumps right after it to get both into cover and out of this madhouse.

ooc: ini 11

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
Note: I will only do cool descriptions for the bad guys, if you want the cool descriptions, look at the people who have already posted them ;)
Sun Jin: 15
Sun Jin causes a deep fog to obscure vision of the civilians as they run.
Sun Jin: 12
Sun Jin uses brain shredder one of the mooks, one glance at the strange creature assaulting him and the man goes down screaming and clutching his head.

Dennis: 12
Dennis runs up to a mook. The mook tries to shoot him but a the mega combo smashes him in the face first (I suppose that's a knockout attack? Either way he's out of the battle).

Edge: 11
The unremarkable man makes his disarming attempt at the man with the glowing hand and manages to make the man drop Tsou, but Tsou keeps shrinking, and strangely starts taking on aspects of a rooster.

Tatjana: 11
Tatjana dives out of the building, and hopes that this is all a hallusination (luckily it is! no, just kidding :D), but alas the fight continues.

Sun Jin: 9
Sun Jin tries to attack a mook with a light, but he misses so the charge of electricity doesn't do any damage.

Dennis: 9
Dennis throws his tray frisbee style trying to dissarm another mook. But his attack misses just slightly.

One Eye: 9
Edge: 8
Non mook: 8
Mooks: 8
Tatjana: 8
Sun Jin: 6

That's as far as I can get because one eye doesn't have any actions and some of you need things for shots past nine.

Radiant

First Post
How did the americans allways say on their retreats? Get the hell out of denver or something like that...
She sprints ducked behind the neared car. With a flip she takes out her cell phone and starts dialing for the police.
Oh crap, they never show up in time.
She breaks of and instead calls for an ambulance as she is sure someone just had to be wounded in the panick in there. Her right hand itches, trying to draw a gun that isn't there.
Stay put you fool. This is not your fight.

rbingham2000

Explorer
One Eye takes a moment to shake off the delirium from all the weirdness so far, and as his vision begins to focus, he begins to spot movement in the fog. Bringing his Python to bear again, he swings into action, leaping to an adjacent table and unloading on the three closest guys with guns with Mr. Python. But as the mooks return fire, One Eye jumps from table to table to avoid the hail of bullets and takes a flying leap over and behind the counter.

OOC: One Eye will blast off three rounds on the mooks with Carnival of Carnage, and then do an Active Dodge stunt to get behind some cover. One Eye doesn't know that Dennis has opted to use the same cover, so the first encounter between them should be plenty interesting!

Shot 9: 14 + 11 (Blue) - 2 (Orange) = 23
Shot 8: 14 + 4 (Blue) - 4 (Orange) = 14
Shot 7: 14 + 4 (Blue) - 5 (Orange) = 13

What's the difficulty of the Active Dodge stunt?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Edge turns his attention to the armed men[:shame:] threatening the fleeing clients: Edge makes a somersault, two shuriken appears in his hands and fly towards the mooks. The first one hits precisely in the first goon´s gun, just in the button that makes the magazine fall, thus making the gun useless. The second hits another mook in the knee, making him fall to the ground screaming.

[Just re-posting last post: Shot 8, attack two extras at once. Martial arts 14+5-1-2=16.

Edge will actively dodge attacks using Fox's retreat, raising his Dodge to 19; I'll post a cool dodge stunt in the next post if he actually dodges something]

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Dennis, after tossing his tray, tries to get a grasp of the full extent of the situation. The fog and intense gunfire is making it difficult, however. Should any bullets start flying his direction, he will make a spectacular dive and slide across the ordering counter, taking cover behind it.

Active dodge (if attacked): defense = 16

OOC: will wait to post shot 6 (or shot 5) action until after the bad guys have acted.

Last edited:

Remove ads