• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FF Tactics DnD Campaign Setting

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Ooh!

Neat idea, creamsteak...and when you can do the pdf's, gte back to me.

On a side note, check the site again for a brand spankin' new update! Creamsteak's classes are up in the Final Fantasy Tactics section, and there's my version of the Black Mage in the Generic Final Fantasy Section.

Once again, the url is:

http://stuffetc.netfirms.com/ff.htm

Enjoy! :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Mmm-hmm...I'm quite proud of my work on the Black Mage. I got the White Mage done too, and the Blue Mage, but I'll wait a bit before I put them up. I'm especially proud of how pretty the .doc files turned out. Hooray for pictures! :)

Thanks for the bump...I'd like even people who aren't FF fanatics to check it out and see what they think. The games really are a rich tapestry of creativity. :) The next campaign I'm going to do will be *heavily* FF-influenced....:)

CHOCOBOS! YEAH! :)

Anyhoo, back to your regularly scheduled silliness.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hmm... I might add throw anything... it seems that I just forgot to put it, though I originally intended it. Also, Samurai just got a great improvement. Two Hands... here is what I typed:

Two Hands: When the Samurai uses a weapon that can be wielded in one hand (such as the katana) in two hands, he treats that weapon as if it were one size larger.

For a Medium sized character a Katana in the Samurai’s hands is a 2d8 weapon instead of a 1d10 weapon, making it the most powerful weapon a medium sized character can wield.

It fits the frame I'm looking at quite well... I'll send everyone the latest version when I get done up through mime.

And--- Hey, even though I may be sending you what appears to be finished or near finished products I still want opinions on what to do with the characters, I can't think of every possibility, so new reviewers are always wanted. email me: creamsteak@hotmail.com

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Even though...

Even though I've put them up, a cursory glance at the posted FFT classes makes them seem a bit potent. Things like the Monk (all those powers!) scream out that there's a bit wonky with it.

But I'll leave the in-deapth analysis to others. I'm happy just having *something* up. Even a bit of an unbalanced something is better than nothing. And they don't seem too bad...I mean, it's along the lines of "why would anyone play a core Wizard when they could play an FFT Wizard, get bonus feats, and extra stuff!" :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
It's all geared towards its own balance (a knights break skills could cripple and kill a fighter, a FFT Monk could annihilate a PHB Monk.)

It's not balanced to be used with the core rules characters mostly.

graydoom

First Post
This looks really cool! I've been hoping someone would convert some of the FF games to d20 for a while. And for Two Hands, I'd be tempted to make it just give the Samurai double (or maybe 2.5 times) his strength bonus to damage instead of 1.5. That's easier to do, IMO.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You could help if I can't get my cd back... not sure...

anywayzzz.... I was thinking about the Samurai thing... here's my resolution...

2d8 is a 2-16 +S weapon.
1d10 at 1-10 +2S is better in certain cases...

If S = 1 then 3-17 or 3-12
If S = 5 then 9-23 or 12-22
If S =10 then 17-31 or 21-30

Currently I'm still using the original formula, but if a few more of you agree that 2S is better for the game I'll switch.

Last edited:

Remove ads