• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FFG's Midnight setting

Tsyr

Explorer
I'll chime in with a second vote for the Path series.

And I've just got one thing to say about Midnight...

KICK ASS!

Ok, no, I've got a bit more. First, the concept sounds VERY cool, the text is wrote very well (A nice balance between clear and easy to understand and still being fun to read), and the couple bits of art in that preview were VERY nice.

/me drools

When's the release date?

uv23

First Post
Great art!

As far as the setting itself goes, it really really really smells of LOTR. Did anyone else get this impression?

Tsyr

Explorer
uv23 said:
As far as the setting itself goes, it really really really smells of LOTR. Did anyone else get this impression?

Too an extent... and Izrador really does... but it's more like LotR mixed with... oh... I dunno, some good old earth legends... I got a very "legend"ish feel from it... It seems like a place where the PCs would be HEROS, not just adventurers... which is something we really need, IMHO.

Yes, I know LotR had heros, but this seems to have more of a... I dunno, "down to earth" type thing... LotR was really cut-n-dried, nice and neat... This doesn't give me that same feel.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads