• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FFG's Midnight setting

jaults

First Post
    Whoa... that looks very, very cool. And I have been impressed, in general, with FFG's quality thus far. Hopefully, this lives up to that standard.

Jason

Crothian

First Post
Thanks for pointing this out, it looks great. I didn't know they had the preview up. I think FFG has become my favorite d20 company. I don't have all their books, but of those I do have only Mythic Races I'm not happy with. Thier Path of X books are excellent, and spells and spellcraft is basically a core book with as much use I want to give.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
It will be interesting to see how the whole book turns out - it has the potential of becoming the benchmark of a low-magic setting.

I realize other published settings are also low magic, but they seem to achieve it while creating a whole new magic system.

Midnight seems to make slight changes to the existing one.

FD

Crothian

First Post
I like that they will be using things from the Path books. I really like the two that are out and I can't wait for the other 2 or 3 (not sure how many they are doing). I also hope thet tie in some Legendary Classes into the world.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Crothian said:
I like that they will be using things from the Path books. I really like the two that are out and I can't wait for the other 2 or 3 (not sure how many they are doing). I also hope thet tie in some Legendary Classes into the world.

I saw this on their message boards yesterday:

Way of Faith - (paladins, clerics, druids)
Way of Shadow - (rogues, ninja, and special surprises)

That's what's on the book right now for this year.

I still have not tried the Way books out yet- I am content with the Quint books and am hesitant about buying hardcover books.

FD

Crothian

First Post
Furn_Darkside said:

I still have not tried the Way books out yet- I am content with the Quint books and am hesitant about buying hardcover books.

FD

I like the Quint books to. The Path series covers different ground so I find using them together is easy. First they have classes, prestige classes, and legendary classes. They place more information about their classes then anyone, making them easier to fit into your world. Even on some of the prestige classes I didn't really like, the information about them and the organization that they represent makes me want to use them.

I like the legendary class concept. It makes for a decent power increase without going epic. They are very adaptible and I'd like to see one in play.

Each has a type of Path, sort of like fighting styles. Instead of have requiremnents, they are based on level. Each takes time, costs money and XP. They all go to 10 tiers instead of five. There are arganizations for each of them.

I was so happy with Path of Sword, that I bought Path of Magic without reading a review or hearing anything about it. And Path of Magic is as good. Great Bard additions in there.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Crothian said:

I was so happy with Path of Sword, that I bought Path of Magic without reading a review or hearing anything about it. And Path of Magic is as good. Great Bard additions in there.

Ok. hmm. I will consider it as I put my Talon order together.

Thanks.
FD

Crothian

First Post
There's one review up for Path of Swords. None for Path of Magic yet. I didn't read the review, so I'm not sure how helful it will be. If you'd like I can post a review up on both of them later this week. I'm trying to get around to reviewing a lot of stuff and I can but this on my list to do first. There would be three books ahead of them. I'd feel bad if you just took my word that they were good and you dodn't like them. So, I hope you are able to find some solid info and make a more informed desicion.

Remove ads