• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E FGG Kickstarter The Blight Richard Pett's Crooked City

Morlock

Banned
Banned
Am I wrong to think a 900 page hardcover isn't going to age well? Seems like it would fall apart much faster than a typical hardcover in the 256 page range.

Or have I been missing the part where it's 3 hardcovers?

[MENTION=6776981]Morlock[/MENTION], FGG have apparently spent a lot of time researching the best bindings to ensure that a 900 page book will be able to stand up to the sort of use you'd see for a gaming book.

I ended up upgrading from PDF to hard copy right at the end. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product later in the year.

qu0zl

First Post
Morlock, their massive hard covers are famously resilient. This isn't even their largest (just!). I have Tsar and it is a serious tome.

Yerp FGG use proper smythe sewn bindings, made by a text book printing company. They are proud of the fact their books are made to last, as long as I don't throw them around, I expect them to outlast me!

Last edited:

Charles Wright

First Post
When choosing our printer, Bill got samples from each company and took a baseball bat to them. Bill is no slouch in the athletics department... (he can move me easily and I'm 6'4" 250 lbs.)

In any case. We went with the company whose spine didn't break even after the cover came off (Walsworth).

Also, we guarantee our books for a lifetime. If they fall apart, we replace them as long as we have copies of the book to do so. That's how confidant we are in the quality.

Greg V

First Post
A little thread resurrection here...

Just got my contributor copies of The Blight, and they are gorgeous. So I wanted to share the images of what this set actually looks like. These are obviously PF editions, but they come in 5e and Swords & Wizardry as well.
The Blight.JPG
Big Book.JPG

Last edited:

Mine arrived recently too, Greg. They look almost as good, no leather edition and I really don't know what you guys were thinking when you went turquoise for the 5E colour..... ;) Still, an awesome set with the bonus ability to stop bullets and prop up collapsing tenements.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads