• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E FGG Lost Lands: Borderlands is 5e

Dartavian

Explorer
I would really like this one to go gangbusters with only 3 days to go, some nice material in the works for Fifth Edition, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry. With the availability of 3 rule set options one would think this project should do really well. Especially those clamoring for Fifth Edition material. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm in the market for a new campaign set and Christmas is coming up. I am tossing up between the $45 and $75 pledge. I live in New Zealand and the shipping on the books could be a kick in the nuts. I have never used kickstarter before either but I have been buying PDFs of Quests of Doom. Do you get PDF versions of any print books you buy?

Last edited:

Zardnaar, all their print books come with the PDF also.

I'm a Kiwi too, shipping sucks :(

But all FGG games come with PDFs. In fact they do a deal like bits and mortars. I got several PDFs of older FGG/NG products after showing Chris (Viking Frog) proof of purchase. They're a great, responsive company IME.

silverhair2048

First Post
Stretch Goal #5 “Echoes from the Otherside” fiction is unlocked and with 61 hours left. Stretch goal #6 is "Perilous Places #2" at $54,000. Come on, "You Can Do It!"

Mythmere1

First Post
Given the name of the region, a lot of people have asked, "Where's the Keep?"
There is no official location for the iconic Keep one expects to see in anything named "Borderlands," but I myself would put it somewhere along the northern edge of the Wilderland Hills, which is the southern marches of the Kingdom of Suilley. There are definitely small keeps along the edges of those hills to protect against incursions, and in fact a major assault into neighboring Keston Province happened only 10 years ago in the campaign timeline. It could even be placed right along the Trader's Way, if you want it to have a wild but oft-traveled road nearby. The further you get from the Trader's Way, the wilder the territory becomes, so you're basically toggling the Keep's isolation upward as you move eastward.
If you look at the map and find the hex where the Trader's Way appears to go directly over the top of a hill when entering the Wilderland Hills from the north, I would place it in the hex to the northeast of that one (O-17), in the extreme eastern portion of the hex. That places the Keep about 40 miles from the stone Hyperborean road, where there might still be a dirt road but it's into an area where the forts are extremely isolated from any sort of immediate help from anywhere.

Link to the map I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Remove ads