Fiends of Numer: All fiend thread

G'baal

First Post
Ok, this thread is going to be used for new fiends. Anyone got ideas on fiends or stats for fiends...place them here. Any other monsters should be posted in the monster ideas thread as it is getting crowded with fiends and nothing else so, this should fix it up a bit. Fiends only in this thread please. Ok, ideas anyone?

G'baal

First Post
The Telal - Psionic fiends that use their great powers of telepathy to spy on others minds.

The Telal (Numer'ri)
Medium sized Outsider (lawful, evil)
Hit Dice: 20d8+80 (294 hp)
Initiative: +9 (+5 Dex, +4 Improved intiative)
Speed: 40ft.
AC: +41 (+5 Dex, +22 Natural, +4 Inertial armor)
Attacks: 2 claws +25 melee, bite +22 melee; or tail +25 melee
Damage: claw 1d4+5, bite 1d6+2, tail 2d4+5 and poison
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft./5ft.
Special attacks: Psionics, Spell-like abilities, Poison, Summon Numer'ri
Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 35/+4, SR 30, Numer'ri Qualities, Regeneration 10, Greater Telepathy, Shapechange
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +17, Will +21
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 25, Wis 28, Cha 30
Skills: Bluff +30, Diplomacy +30, Sense motive +29, Hide +25, Move silently +25, Gather information +30, Innuendo +27, Concentration +24, Intimidate +30, Search +27, Spot +29, Listen +29, Forgery +27, Disable device +27, Balance +25
Feats: Improved initiative, Psychoanalyst, Psychic inquisitor, Mental adversary, Inertial armor, Psionic focus (Telepathy)

Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Solitary, pair, cell (2-5), group (6-12); or army (13-20)
Challenge rating: 20
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Lawful Evil
Advancement: By character class

The Telal are a cowardly psionic fiend who prefers to run than do battle. The Telal are not effective combatants but are employed by the fiend armies as spies. The Telal are often sent about in different guises to gather information that is relative to the fiends. In their natural form, Telal look like blue colored humaniods with the head of a beetle bearing curved horns and large clawed hands and feet. The Telal are particularily scrawny for fiends. Their might is not in brawn but rather in their great psionic abilities that far surpass that of other fiends.

COMBAT

The Telal fear combatand avoid it at all costs as they are weak and cowardly when attacked up close. If they have to fight they prefer fighting from a distance, using their powers to harm their enemies. In melee, they attack with what ever they can as they attempt to get out of range.

Psionics (Sp: At will - Daze, Telempathic projection, Sense link, Conceal thoughts, Charm person, Spider climb, Combat prescience, Detect thoughts, Inflict pain, Suggestion, Clairvoyance/ Clairaudience, Knock, False sensory input, Fate link
Nondetection, Crisis of breath, Ubiquitous vision, Mindwipe, Tailor memory, Amplified invisibility, Aura sight, Natural armor, Metafaculty, Mind probe, True seeing, Precognition, Mindblank, Foresight, Hypercognition, Teleport without error, Improved telekinesis, Aura alteration, Mass suggestion, Sheild of prudence 10/day - Ultrablast 3/day - Thrall
The base save is DC 20+power level (add +2 for telepathic powers)

Spell-like abilities (Sp: At will - Mislead, Veil, Mindfog, Greater dispelling, Insanity, Hold person, Darkness, Hypnotism, Sleep
The base save is DC 20+spell level

Poison (Ex): The poison is from the barbs on the tail of the Telal. The initial save is DC 16 or suffer 1d2 Constitution damage. The second save if failed results in 1 permanent Constitution drain and unconsciousness.

Summon Numer'ri (Su): 1/day the Telal may attempt to summon another Telal with a 50% chance of success. The Telal may also instead summon 1d4 Eyridan (Septiem) with a 75% chance of success.

Numer'ri Qualities (Ex): Telal are immune to poison, disease, and fire. They also have cold, electricity, and acid resistance 20. They can speak any language.

Regeneration 10 (Ex): The Telal can take 10 hit points of damage worth as subdual. This ability does not stack with the Telals damage reduction. Use either of them, which ever gives less damage. If the Telal loses a limb it will grow back in 3d6 minutes or will be instantaniously placed back on if the limb is held in place.

Greater Telepathy (Su): The Telal are reknowned for their great powers of telepathy. The Telal have telepathy and can speak with any creature at any distance...even across planes. The Telal may also have a number of conversations going on at the same time. This powerful connection with all other beings allows the Telal to manifest telepathic powers through the telepathic conncetion no matter where the being is. Some powerss that are used alot in this manner are Inflict pain, Detect thoughts (detects thoughts of the other being only), and Mind probe.

Shapechange (Ex): The Telal ahve mastered the psionic art of shapshifting and use it constantly to disguise themselves. The Telal may changes shape once every round as a free action and remain in this form indefinantley. They may revert back to their true forms as a free action.

The Telal as of the present: For the most part, the Telal are trapped within numer though there was a group of them that was a few armies of them that were trapped upon the world when the gates closed. The Telal armies met each other in secrecy and planned a way to survive yet be of some use. They split up into a numbr of cells and spread across the lands in many different disguises according to the places they were in. Some changed into animals while others changed into humans and bluffed there ways into high honors with the remaining peoples. The hidning Telals avoid people of high magic and psionic levels as they might be noticed for what they actually were...spying fiends. The left over Telal have spread all over the world in many different forms and are collecting information daily. The Telal are very hard to notice as they can take the form of anything...such as one that is disguised as a sentient sword. Anyways, if you want to go further with this...go ahead and let me know. Any toher fiends...post'em here.

Last edited:

G'baal

First Post
Anhkaru - Incorporeal fiends that seek the death of others at all costs

Anhkaru (Numer'ri)
Medium sized Outsider (Incorporeal, chaotic, evil)
Hit dice: 3d8+9 (27 hp)
Initiative: +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Improved initiative)
Speed: 40ft., fly 80ft. (perfect)
AC: +16 (+4 Dex, +2 Deflection)
Attacks: Incorporeal touch +7 melee
Damage: Incorporeal touch 1d6 and 1d4 permanent constitution drain
Special attacks: Constitution drain, Malevolence
Specila qualities: Incorporeal, Numer'ri qualities, SR 5
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +5
Abilities: Str -, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 14
Skills: Hide +13, Spot +11, Listen +11, Intimidate +11
Feats: Improved initiative, Combat reflexes

Organization: Solitary
Challenge rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: Pending...

The Anhkaru are a vicious fiend of the layers of Numer that hate all that lives...including other fiends. The Anhkaru seek to kill any that gets in their ways as it is what they love the most. The Anhkaru are incorporeal fiends looking much like gothic gargoyles with red glowing eyes. Since the Anhkaru hate all other beings they are always found alone as they will attack and kill each other if they meet another Anhkaru.

COMBAT

The Anhkaru are vicious combatants, using their incorporeal state to the maximum. They often fly about making swipes at their enemies and draining their life force. If their attacks seem futile, the Anhkaru will attempt to possess their victim. Once possessed, the Anhkaru attempts to destroy the hosts body in any way possible. If possession also does not work, then the Anhkaru will leave the being alone and attempt to hide.

Constitution drain (Su): Living creatures hit by their attack must succeed at a fortitude save (DC 13) or suffer 1d4 permanent constitution drain.

Malevolence (Su): Once per round the Anhkaru may attempt to possess a living being. The being must succeed at a will save (DC 17) or become possessed by the Anhkaru until driven out, death of the body, or the Anhkaru leaves the body.

Incorporeal (Ex): Harmed only by magic weapons of +1 or better, magic, or other incorporeal beings with a 50% chance of success. Ignores all non-magical damage, and can pass through solid objects at will and own attacks can pass through armor. They always move silently.

Numer'ri qualtities (Ex): Anhkaru are immune to poison, disease, and fire. They also have cold, electricity, and acid resistance 20. They can speak Abyssal and Infernal.

Last edited:

G'baal

First Post
Soul bane - A greatly feared and rare type of fiend from the depths of Numer.

Soul bane (Numer'ri)
Medium sized Outsider (chaotic, evil)
Hit dice: 1d8+1 (6 hp)
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft., fly 50ft. (good)
AC: +22 (+2 Dex, +10 Natural)
Attacks: Scythe +3 melee; or 2 claws +2 melee
Damage: Scythe 2d4+2, claw 1d4+2
Special attacks: Spell-like abilities, Fear aura, Soul steal
Special qualities: Damage reduction 15/+1, SR 5, Numer'ri qualities, Reformation, See in all darkness
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +10, Move silently +10, Spot +10, Listen +18, Search +8, Jump +6, Spellcraft +8, Bluff +4, Concentration +5
Feats: Alertness

Organization: Solitary
Challenge rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Adavancement: By character class

The Soul bane are a greatly fear fiend for their abilities. The Soul bane is named such as they search for those whom are near death and steals their souls to empower themselves. The Soul bane are lone wnaderers, often traveling by night and using their spell-like abilities to get at their dying prey. The Soul bane look like undead humanoids with ghost white skin pull taught over a skeletal body. Atop their heads is a crown of natural horns. They also have a pair of tattered wings to fly with.

COMBAT

The Soul bane hates combat, particularily in their beginning...once they have stolen a few souls they go looking for combat...and more souls. The Soul bane attempts to hide and move about like mere shadow if at all possible. If it has to fight, it attacks with its scythe, attempting to cleave the being towards near-death so that the soul is ripe for the plucking. It uses its powers such as deeper darkness to gain the upper hand and deathwatch to see where his opponents life is.

Pending...

Sidran

First Post
Looks pretty good (any ideas if you will take a shot at any of those I described in the monsters post)

For the monster book Ideas

I am shooting for 30 new fiend types (Not all will be used for this selection)

7 New Plants
12 New Animals (regular animal stats)
15 Magical beasts
10 Fey
4 New Dragon subtypes (drakes mostly)
20 Aberations
5 Monsterous Humanoids
4 Templates
20 Misc. spots

Which I will put into the Chapter Bibliothecca Daemonium (Chptr 4)

Sidran

First Post
Yeah though I can not view them I would love to have the Reths for the DF Bestiary

Imp do you have any more monsters looming around in your stuff for the setting.

I have a whole bunch of ideas which I will be throwing in here when I get a chance but I would love contributions from the rest of yah guys.

Sid

G'baal

First Post
Sorry about that...Ive unfortunately been super busiy and have had little chance to use the comp. I read your posts and I think it would be a great idea for you all to finish up those monsters and such and get them posted asap. Now, as for me, work tonight then I have pretty well a week of freedom to work on DF. I wont quit if you dont.

Remove ads