• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fiery Dragon] Creature Collection 4th Edition preview: Asaatthi!

Klaus

First Post
Fiery Dragon is pleased to present the first preview of the 4th Edition version of its first Sword & Sorcery release, the Creature Collection.

Without further ado, here's the Asaatthi entry.

Attachments

• asaatthi_preview.pdf
    713.3 KB · Views: 449

JoeGKushner

First Post
How are the stats being figured? Levle 4 minion seems off but I'm no expert with the old 4e stats. level /2 for bonus right? So +2. Str 14 = +2 so should be +4 bonus?

Or am I way off here? Help Me Obie Wan!

Klaus

First Post
To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know (didn't work on the writing this time). But perusing the MM, there are lots of inconsitencies among minions. Some add 1/2 level, other's 1/4 level... :confused:

crit damage is wrong for most of the weapons. For scimitar for ex., it should be 1d8 + 11, not 2d8 + 3.

Also, minions are listed first in the MM, no matter what their lvl.

Just some input.

Scott Holden

First Post
crit damage is wrong for most of the weapons. For scimitar for ex., it should be 1d8 + 11, not 2d8 + 3.

Also, minions are listed first in the MM, no matter what their lvl.

Just some input.

I'm pretty sure I changed the crit damage in the final draft - looks like Jason was working from an older version when he made this mock-up. I don't have the stuff on the computer here at work, though, so will have to check it later.

Also, and this one I'm sure of, I did put the minions all together at the start of each monster listing. But tbh, I don't think it's a big deal at all - there are lots of things about the WOTC editing/layout/formatting that I think are completely wrong-headed.

Cheers and thanks for the interest.

Scott Holden

First Post
How are the stats being figured? Levle 4 minion seems off but I'm no expert with the old 4e stats. level /2 for bonus right? So +2. Str 14 = +2 so should be +4 bonus?

Or am I way off here? Help Me Obie Wan!

The standard I went with is that minions use Str + (1/2 level - 1) for their modifier calculations. As Klaus notes, that's not strictly adhered to in the MM, where there seems to be some inconsistency, but it seemed a good formula to me.

Remove ads