• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiery Dragon wants to share something...

trystero

Explorer
I'll add myself to the list of folks expressing thanks for this counter set, Claudio: it's brilliant. I'm about to run KotS as a first 4e session for my players tonight, and I think the counters will be a big help in giving them the flavour of the game, so much appreciated.

I printed them on regular (32-lb.) paper, glued that to illustration board, and then cut them out with an X-acto knife. They look great, and they're heavy enough (like "real" wargame counters) not to get too easily knocked around by books being dropped nearby, people kicking the table by accident, or whatever. The only down side is that my wrists really wish I'd used thinner board. :)

Are you planning to put out custom sets matched to future WotC 4e adventure releases? I'd cheerfully pay for such, either in PDF form for mounting on my own or for pre-mounted counters. I like the general-purpose collections you release, too, but having sets matched precisely to the adventure like this is a great service.

sunrisekid

Explorer
I'd like to submit my thanks too, these are pretty nice.

Is anyone else aware of handy counters like this that we can download for free? I know there's lots of stuff to buy but I'm just looking to upgrade from pennies, bottle caps, and paper clips...

frankthedm

First Post
Jonathan Moyer said:
What would the chances be of having a counter for a character that's a "deviling" "warmaster"? ;)
Well this is the counter intended for the Anonymous devils who are leigion. I added a meaty tail to make them more distinct.

hornedlordofwarpy1.png

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1897/hornedlordofwarpy1.png

Klaus

First Post
Jonathan Moyer said:
What would the chances be of having a counter for a character that's a "deviling" "warmaster"? ;)
There's one done and waiting to be put on a free web-enhancement for the free web-enhancement. :D

Klaus

First Post
sunrisekid said:
I'd like to submit my thanks too, these are pretty nice.

Is anyone else aware of handy counters like this that we can download for free? I know there's lots of stuff to buy but I'm just looking to upgrade from pennies, bottle caps, and paper clips...
Fiery Dragon has a free Counter Sampler available at DriveThruRPG called The Storm King. Among other things it features the Storm King (a nasty cloud giant), his advanced Fiendish Wyvern mount, his Frost Giant lieutenants, some Polar Bugbears who ride Half White Dragon/Half Polar Bears, some Yaks and four PCs - including the dwarf mountaineer and half-orc delver featured on my painting "Perilous Heights".

But you might consider getting Fiery Dragon's Counter Collection Digital. It's over 2000 counters on a CD-image file. Just download it, burn it on a CD and go nuts!

Vanuslux

Explorer
Well, I had planned on skipping KotS because of it being way overpriced, but these counters are tempting me to order it when I order my core books tomorrow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads