• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiery Dragon wants to share something...

Klaus

First Post
Yaezakura said:
Definitely nice work on those. For some reason, though, I kinda wish they were round instead of squared. As a bonus, round counters would allow square marking counters to still show their corners without having to twist them and have the corners poking into other squares. Just a thought.
Scissors work wonders! ;)

Cheesepie

First Post
I've never used something like this (my group typically just uses random old Warhammer models to stand in for things), so is there something specific I'm supposed to print these off on? Cardstock or something? Any tips to make them so they aren't easily blown away or messed up?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You can normally finds sheets of cardstock pretty easily, and they will work in most desktop printers. You can also print on paper and then glue it to a backing, like the sides of old cereal boxes. Or you can get fancy and laminate, or use some kind of plasticy material as a backing.

Klaus

First Post
Cheesepie said:
I've never used something like this (my group typically just uses random old Warhammer models to stand in for things), so is there something specific I'm supposed to print these off on? Cardstock or something? Any tips to make them so they aren't easily blown away or messed up?
What TerraDave said. I print out on the heaviest paper my printer can handle (usually 90mg), then paste the entire page to another sheet (effectively making it a 180mg page), then cut it with an X-Acto knife (careful!) or scissors.

I've heard of people pasting them to balsa wood squares, as well.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
More work than you need! I just print them out on good quality paper the night before the game, then toss them afterwards.

Wolfspider

Explorer
I keep mine. Covering them in contact paper helps preserve them and keep them somewhat stiff and also allows me to directly mark on the counters and erase as needed. Very useful.

Last edited:

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Claudio & Fiery Dragon...
THANK YOU! While I normally use minis, this is perfect for helping me run KotS while I'm deployed. I was actually going to look at some counter sets to see if one had most of the staples, but you have exceeded my wildest hopes with this set.
Again, thank you!
Steve

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Very excellent.

I have to admit, our group is very minis and terrain centric. On the whole, I'm agnostic, but several in the group paint minis and build terrain by hand, so it is a point of pride for us to use models at the table.

But we're going to be running this adventure as a one-off and not at the location where our physical terrain and minis are stored, and this is going to prove very awesome for the whole group.

Many thanks for your hard work.

--fje

Klaus

First Post
Reaper Steve said:
Claudio & Fiery Dragon...
THANK YOU! While I normally use minis, this is perfect for helping me run KotS while I'm deployed. I was actually going to look at some counter sets to see if one had most of the staples, but you have exceeded my wildest hopes with this set.
Again, thank you!
Steve
Keep it safe out there, Steve!

Drop me a line and I'll whip up a group sketch for you and your group in the military (here's hoping it's not a full battallion).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads