• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fight Klub

PDS

First Post
If you would like an invitation to Fight Klub then let me know. It is Decipher's new CCG based on properties from all over movies, comics, tv shows and more.

The only way you can buy cards and join the community is to be invited by a member. My previous post got deleted for being spam even though I was posting in the CCG boards and just posting pics of the cards. If you would like to see pics of the cards then send me a message or post on here and ask.

Asmor

First Post
Since I reported your previous post as spam, allow me to explain:

Something like this is totally cool. Heck, you could even go ahead and post the link and your sign up details.

The reason your first post looked spammy was twofold. First, it was just a picture with no explanation or anything, and frankly it looked to me like one of those lame vampire/werewolf things. Second, given your low post count, it seemed entirely probable that your account was only created to spam that. Neither one of them alone would have been totally convincing that it was spam, but the combination seeemed suspiscious and I guess one of the admins agreed.

If you'd included an explanation like this, I think everything would have been cool.

Anyways, sorry about the rough welcome before.

So what's the CCG like? Is it online or is it real cards?

PDS

First Post
It was very spammy now that i think about it. Sorry!

Fight Klub is played with real cards but is only playable if you get an invitation. The whole game is built around the players. There is a large community on the web page and players can regularly vote on upcoming cards they would like to see. Also, no matter where in the world you are there is a feature which lets you find other players close by so you can get together for a game!

The basic premise of the game is that you build a 40 card deck based on a pop icon. In the first pack you buy you will receive: Ash (Evil Dead), Jason (Friday the 13th), Hannibal, Rambo, Jigsaw, and Chev Chelios (Crank).

It's really got me pumped up about CCGs again with it's new style and gameplay features. How do you think it sounds?

Asmor

First Post
Well, it's an interesting concept, I definitely wish it the best of luck, but it seems to me like it's doomed to failure.

A CCG, more so than any other game, is entirely dependent on having a large, active fan base. It seems to me that they're shooting themselves in the foot by going this 'invitation only' route. Maybe they're banking on people being more personally attached to it and spending more money?

PDS

First Post
Ah...but that is where they throw the curve. If you are a player and like the game, you can invite others to play the game using your handle on he website. From that point on you become that player's mentor and answer any questions and be a goto person for any problems or to get games set up in your area.

In addition to being a mentor to that person you are also awarded 10% of that player's purchases for life. Which is an incentive for getting more people into the game, although you can not choose to do this if you wish not to and can just be a player.

Already there are thousands of players worldwide and I am setting up a "Fight Klub" in my area. In the past week I've seen about 35 players pop up within 20 mins of where I live.

If you want to check it out you can use my handle to log in and read all the info they have posted on the site.

PDS

First Post
That's quite a list. I play no where near that many games. Me and my friends started playing DnD at least once a week last June and now we are starting to play Fight Klub as well. We also just started playing Medevil which is interesting. We are thinking about picking up Magic again as we all used to play years ago but there seems to be so many expansions now, it's a bit overwhelming.

If you want to check out Fight Klub you just have to goto Decipher's website: decipher.com..... there will be a doorway and a form that says "Who sent you?"... just type in PDS09 and it will let you in to read all about it. That invite is open to anyone interested in the game reading this.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Sounds like a pyramid scam! Does Bernard Madoff have the best deck?

What is the purpose of the "invite only" gimmick? I can't figure that one out.

DS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads