Final Fantasy Basic (Recruiting)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Pregens!

These were created using 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 10 for ability scores, which is a bit generous for BECMI, but these are supposed to be heroes of prophecy so it works.

House Rule #1: No alignment languages (if you don't know what that means, don't worry about it).
House Rule #2: We won't be worrying about basic traveling supplies like rations, water, etc. PCs are assumed to have what they need for overland travel.
House Rule #3 We also won't be worrying about encumbrance.

If you'd like to play one of these characters, gender, appearance, personality, and name are all up to you.

[sblock=Cleric]

You and three others awoke on a beach one afternoon with no memories, though you know your name and that you are a Cleric of Light, the ancient religion of the Sky People. You have an affinity for Elemental Water and the Time Sphere of Power and you carry a darkened crystal with a greenish-blue coloring to it.

Class: Cleric
Level: 1
Element: Water
Sphere: Time
Alignment: Neutral

XP: 0 (+10% bonus)
XP for next level: 1500

Str: 14 (+1)
Int: 12 (+0)
Wis: 16 (+2)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 15 (+1)
Cha: 13 (+1)

HP: 7
AC: 2

War Hammer - +1 to hit, 1d6+1 damage
Sling + 30 pellets - +0 to hit, 1d4 damage, range: 40 (+1 to hit)/80 (no adjustment to hit)/160 (-1 to hit)

Saves

Death Ray/Poison: 11
Magic Wands: 12
Paralysis/Turn to Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 16
Rod/Staff/Spell: 15

Turning Undead

Roll 2d6 to determine success then roll 2d6 to determine number of hit dice of undead affected.

Skeleton: 7
Zombie: 9
Ghoul: 11

Spells

Gained at 2nd level.

Equipment

Warhammer
Sling + 30 pellets
Plate Armor
Shield
Holy Symbol
17 Gold Pieces

Weapon Mastery

War Hammer - Basic
Sling - Basic[/sblock]

[sblock=Fighter]

You and three others awoke on a beach one afternoon with no memories, though you know your name and that you are a capable warrior. You have an affinity for Elemental Earth and the Matter Sphere of Power and you carry a darkened crystal with a brownish coloring to it.

Class: Fighter
Element: Earth
Sphere: Matter
Alignment: Lawful

XP for next level: 2000

Str: 16 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 12 (+0)
Dex: 14 (+1)
Cha: 13 (+1)

HP: 9
AC: 3

Normal Sword - +2 to hit, 1d8+2 damage
Long Bow + 20 Arrows - +1 to hit, 1d6 damage, range: 70 (+1 to hit)/140 (no adjustment to hit)/210 (-1 to hit)
Dagger - +2 to hit (+1 to hit when thrown), 1d4+2 damage, range: 10 (+1 to hit)/20 (no adjustment to hit)/30 (-1 to hit)
Spear - +2 to hit (+1 to hit when thrown), 1d6+2 damage, range: 20 (+1 to hit)/40 (no adjustment to hit)/60 (-1 to hit)

Saves

Death Ray/Poison: 12
Magic Wands: 13
Paralysis/Turn to Stone: 14
Dragon Breath: 15
Rod/Staff/Spell: 16

Combat Options

Lance Attack - Double damage dice with a lance when attacking from a charging mount (mount must move at least 20 yards.

Set Spear vs. Charge - Double damage dice with a spear, pike, sword shield, or lance vs. a charging opponent (opponent must move at least 20 yards before reaching the character). Spear attack interrupts opponent's attack and prevents it if the opponent is killed. Set Spear vs. Charge may only be used when the character has initiative and usually only in the first round of combat.

(More combat options are gained at 9th level.)

Equipment

Normal Sword
Long Bow + 20 Arrows
Dagger
Spear
Chain Mail
Shield
9 Gold Pieces

Weapon Mastery

Normal Sword - Basic
Long Bow - Basic
Dagger - Basic
Spear - Basic[/sblock]

[sblock=Magic-User]

You and three others awoke on a beach one afternoon with no memories, though you know your name and that you are a capable wizard. You have an affinity for Elemental Fire and the Energy Sphere of Power and you carry a darkened crystal with a reddish coloring to it.

Class: Magic-User
Element: Fire
Sphere: Energy
Alignment: Chaotic

XP for next level: 2500

Str: 10 (+0)
Int: 16 (+2)
Wis: 14 (+1)
Dex: 13 (+1)
Cha: 12 (+0)

HP: 5
AC: 8

Dagger - +0 to hit (+1 to hit when thrown), 1d4 damage, range: 10 (+1 to hit)/20 (no adjustment to hit)/30 (-1 to hit)
Staff - +0 to hit, 1d6 damage

Saves

Death Ray/Poison: 13
Magic Wands: 14
Paralysis/Turn to Stone: 13

Spells

You can memorize and cast one 1st level spell per day. You will gain more spells per level as you advance.

1st Level Spells Memorized: Sleep

Spellbook

Your spellbook contains all of the spells you know and may be added to anytime you acquire a new spell by finding a scroll or spellbook in an adventure, or by studying at an arcane library available in most towns.

1st Level Spells: Read Magic, Sleep

Equipment

Dagger
Staff
Spellbook
112 Gold Pieces

Weapon Mastery

Dagger - Basic
Staff - Basic[/sblock]

[sblock=Thief]

You and three others awoke on a beach one afternoon with no memories, though you know your name and that you are a skilled thief. You have an affinity for Elemental Air and the Thought Sphere of Power and you carry a darkened crystal with a whitish blue coloring to it.

Class: Thief
Element: Air
Sphere: Thought
Alignment: Neutral

XP for next level: 1200

Str: 14 (+1)
Int: 12 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+2)
Con: 13 (+1)
Cha: 15 (+1)

HP:5
AC: 5

Normal Sword - +1 to hit, 1d8+1 damage
Long Bow +20 Arrows +2 to hit, 1d6 damage, range: 70 (+1 to hit)/140 (no adjustment to hit)/210 (-1 to hit)

Saves

Death Ray/Poison: 13
Magic Wands: 14
Paralysis/Turn to Stone: 13

Thief Abilities

Open Locks: 15%
Find Traps: 10%
Remove Traps: 10%
Climb Walls: 87%
Move Silently: 20%
Hide in Shadows: 10%
Pick Pockets: 20%
Hear Noise: 30%

Back Stab: If the thief is undetected, a special backstab attack may be performed with a +4 to hit and double damage dice.

Equipment

Normal Sword
Long Bow + 20 Arrows
Leather Armor
Thieves' Tools
20 Gold Pieces

Weapon Mastery

Normal Sword - Basic
Long Bow - Basic[/sblock]

If someone would like to play an Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, or Mystic but aren't familiar with the Basic rules, just let me know and I'll cook up a pregen for you.

These four pregens will be added to the first post in this thread.

Rubberneck

First Post
I'll give it a whirl. I'll take a look at the premade characters tomorrow. Most likely however I'd like to create my own character. I'm not going to sugar coat it I don't think I've played the FF game this is following nor have I played the RC version of D&D. It might be better that way who knows? Let me know if you'll have me aboard.

Rubberneck

First Post
Yah I think creating my own character would be more desirable. Not that I have anything against the premades. I just need to know which class I'd be. I think my preferences would be fighter>cleric>thief>wizard.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Fighters are pretty easy. Really all you need to do is roll and place ability scores, pick four weapons to have at basic weapon mastery, and then buy your gear.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Also, I should note that all characters should start off with the same basic background as the pregens - no memories prior to waking up on the beach with three strangers, with a crystal in your hand.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Realizing this is the holiday season, I think I'll give this until the end of the year to fill out. If we don't have four submitted/completed characters or players grabbing pregens by then, then I'll put a lid on this idea again and dust off another old idea (I have quite a few lined up).

Remove ads