• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children:How to?

Morgenstern

First Post
If you're just after the movie, it looked a lot like a Spycraft 2.0 one-shot game with the spirited and wire-fu campaign qualities running.

On the Player's side we have~
Cloud Strife = Determined Wanderer (Soldier/Streetknight with maybe a dash of Edgemaster and a completed amnesia sub-plot)
Tifa Lockheart = Lithe Brawler (straight Martial Artist)
Vincent Valentine = Mysterious Test Subject (Intruder/Triggerman)
Barret Wallace = Burly City Dweller (Soldier w/ gadget arm cannon)
Red XIII =Cosmos* Tribesman (Intruder)
Cait Sith = Red's Personal Lieutenant :p
Yuffie Kisaragi = Persistant Trooper (Intruder/Ninja w/ gadget shuriken)
Cid Highwind = Fierce Motorhead (straight Wheelman)

Providing Foils we see~
Rufus Shinra = Shifty Patron (Fixer/Politico)
Reno = Rowdy Jack of All Trades (Martial Artist/Transporter)
Rude = Fit Suit (Martial Artist)
Elena = Determined Investigator (Advocate)
Tseng = Disciplined Bodyguard (straight Pointman)

The little villians were
Kadaj = Mysterious Hot Rodder (Martial Artist/Summoner)
Azoo = Sly Gunslinger (Soldier/Streetknight)
Loz = Resolute Bruiser (Soldier/Streetknight/Brawler w/ gadget bracer)

And the Dramatic final battle scene staring...
Sephiroth = Ominous Test Subject (Soldier/Edgemaster)

I came up with a new Partner Basics/Mastery/Supremacy Basic Combat feat chain after watching the movie, so yeah, it had some good stuff in it :).

* Yes, you'd have to do this custom for the game, but the rules for making new races in Spycraft are posted.

Kid Socrates

First Post
Now I need to get more information on Mutants and Masterminds, it seems... it can help me design my next Final Fantasy game. To the gaming store I go!

JackGiantkiller

First Post
I'm not just after the movie, though it is what started the juices going. We want *reminiscent*, and the 'feel', not complete simulation of a specific movie of a specific game in the line. But those are some very good and clear character summaries, suggesting I need to take a look at Spoycraft 2.0. I really like original Spycraft, and we're using it for a Stargate game. Thanks, Morningstar. Unless you prefer that your handle not be translated?

Curious...get your handle from Zelazny or from the weapon name?

Morgenstern

First Post
JackGiantkiller said:
I'm not just after the movie, though it is what started the juices going.

I know that feeling. I enjoyed it a lot, and like I said, I did get a new feat chain out of it watching Azoo and Loz mix it up like that.

We want *reminiscent*, and the 'feel', not complete simulation of a specific movie of a specific game in the line.

Then I might just be able to hook you up :cool:.

But those are some very good and clear character summaries, suggesting I need to take a look at Spycraft 2.0. I really like original Spycraft, and we're using it for a Stargate game.

Very cool! Yes, those were my take on the character's likely Origins (they replace 1.0's specialties with you building your own by combining one part from column A and one from column B), followed by the classes that seemed to fit. Cloud is so streetknight it hurts :p.

Thanks, Morningstar. Unless you prefer that your handle not be translated?

I don't mind :).

Curious...get your handle from Zelazny or from the weapon name?

Zelazny (you get a cookie!).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads