• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Final Fantasy XI

morpheous1777

First Post
I love this game, been playing it on my PS2.
Im on Diablos, characters named: Deide (thief), and Puntmei (red mage)
Any other Enworlder's out there playing it. And if ya are, what server/world are you on ?? what are you playing ??

cybernetic

Explorer
I've been seriously thinking about picking it up.... how does it play on the ps2? Do you absolutely need a usb keyboard? How's the hardrive?

morpheous1777

First Post
cybernetic said:
I've been seriously thinking about picking it up.... how does it play on the ps2? Do you absolutely need a usb keyboard? How's the hardrive?

It plays really well on the ps2, the online multiplayer is cool as hell, you can join up in partys and go kick some monster ass, it has allot of quests/missions and includes allot of stuff from the other final fantasy's (summons, spells, etc..). as for a keyboard, you dont really need one, but it helpas allot when u wanna chat with other players

Destil

Explorer
A bunch of people here started playing the PC verion when it came out. Since I was in the beta I got the PS2 one fore free, it's playable certinaly but the lower resolution is a real pain.

John Crichton

First Post
Hey Destil - Did you get your free HDD from Sony yet? I'm still waiting on mine. I nearly picked up the PC version because I really didn't feel like waiting.

Stormfalcon

First Post
Got it for both PS2 and PC, with the PS2 being the alternate platform for when the PC is tied up doing other things. I'm loving it on both, and yeah, graphics do take a hit on the PS2 version, and there are a few other adjustments to be made (such as controller button assignments and whatnot).

Anyway, I'm on Unicorn server, playing a mithra red mage named Mikka. My handle on POL is the same as it is on here.

Destil

Explorer
HDD arrived about a month ago? There's a customer service number you can call I think, I'll look it up when I get a chance...

John Crichton

First Post
I already called the number, but thanks for the offer. :)

After searching around on FFXI boards I have found out that folks in New England haven't gotten theirs yet. I'll just sit tight.

Destil

Explorer
Oh, and I'm on Midguardsormr allong with most of the other ex-beta players. I've got a 50h level galka Sam/War named Flashingblade I don't play anymore and Destil, currently 39 rdm (two more for refresh... drool).

Last edited:

Remove ads