• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Final Fantasy XV for D&D

GreatestHonor

Explorer
The numbers beside a creatures name is their intended CR, some of which i had to guess of of their appearance in related media. Some dont even appear in the game or related media, such as the Iris Post time-skip, but i felt that some extra stat locks for characters couldn’t hurt.

Edit: I am flexible on some of the CRs, but others I am pretty set on.

Last edited:

GreatestHonor

Explorer
Descriptive Text.

Monster Name WIP
Size type, Alignment
1599001688295.png

Armor Class 10 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 5 (1d8 + 1)
Speed 10 ft.
1599001689306.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)
1599001691083.png

Saving Throws Str +2
Skills Athletics +2
Damage Resistance piercing
Damage Immunities bludgeioning
Condition Immunities charmed
Senses passive perception 10
Languages Common
Challenge 0 (10 XP) Proficiency Bonus +2
1599001692326.png

Trait. Detail the traits here.

ACTIONS
Action. Detail action here.

Melee Attack. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit. 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.

Ranged Attack. Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, range 10/30 ft., one target. Hit.5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.

Innate Spellcasting. The creature’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 12, +2 to hit with spell attacks). The creature can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components:

At will: eldritch blast
1/day each: fireball

BONUS ACTIONS

REACTIONS

LEGENDARY ACTIONS
The creature can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The creature regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.

Action (Cost). Detail action here.

MYTHIC ACTIONS
If the creature’s mythic trait is active, it can use the options below as legendary actions for 1 hour.

Action (Cost). Detail action here.

BREAK EFFECTS
You can target these individual parts on the creature. The AC, hit points, and effects are listed

Body. If the creature takes more than 15 damage of any type from a single attack, (detail effect here)

Body Part. The creature’s body part can be targeted separately and has an AC 10 and 10 hit points. If the creature’s body part is reduced to 0 hit points, it cannot (insert description). The creature’s body part regenerates and regains all hit points after a long rest.

LAIR ACTIONS
Lair description and mechanics here.

Lair Action. Detail action here.

REGIONAL EFFECTS
The area around the (NAME)’s lair can have one or more of the following effects.
  • Regional Effect 1
  • Regional Effect 2

Last edited:

GreatestHonor

Explorer
Descriptive Text.

Monster Name
Medium Beast, Neutral
1599001688295.png

Armor Class 10 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 5 (1d8 + 1)
Speed 10 ft.
1599001689306.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)10 (+0)
1599001691083.png

Saving Throws Str +2
Skills Athletics +2
Damage Resistance piercing
Condition Immunities charmed
Damage Immunities bludgeioning
Senses passive perception 10
Languages Common
Challenge 0 (10 XP) Proficiency Bonus +2
1599001692326.png

Trait. Detail the traits her.

ACTIONS

Melee Attack. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit. 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.

Ranged Attack. Ranged Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, range 10/30 ft., one target. Hit.5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.

Innate Spellcasting. The creature’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 12, +2 to hit with spell attacks). The creature can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components:

At will: eldritch blast
1/day each: fireball

BONUS ACTIONS

REACTIONS

LEGENDARY ACTIONS
The creature can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The creature regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.

Action (Cost). Detail here.

MYTHIC ACTIONS
If the creature’s mythic trait is active, it can use the options below as legendary actions for 1 hour.

Action. Detail Action here.
This acts as my base stat block, all creatures will be using this format sourced from @dave2008 and their thread “5E Updates: Monstrous Compendium”. Don’t quite know how to use these forums yet, so until then this thread will be pretty clunky with its content.

dave2008

Legend
This looks to be an interesting project and a lot of work! If I have the time I will happy to give some advice. However, I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy and can't really help with converting them other than to give general advice on 5e stat blocks. I will also summon @Stalker0 as they have been a great help to me in design interesting high CR monsters. Finally, here is a link to a good CR calculator that does most of the leg work for you (however, you should read the DMG and specifically with regard to resistances and immunities and when they affect CR): CR Calculator

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

GreatestHonor

Explorer
This looks to be an interesting project and a lot of work! If I have the time I will happy to give some advice. However, I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy and can't really help with converting them other than to give general advice on 5e stat blocks. I will also summon @Stalker0 as they have been a great help to me in design interesting high CR monsters. Finally, here is a link to a good CR calculator that does most of the leg work for you (however, you should read the DMG and specifically with regard to resistances and immunities and when they affect CR): CR Calculator

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
1. That would be awesome!!! I really appreciate any advice you can give
2. Many of these monsters i have already done, but they are old and i have since gotten better with homebrewing
3. That CR calculator looks awesome. I have personally been using this one, but yours looks more in-depth.

Stalker0

Legend
I haven't played FF15 myself, but just checking. Is it the normal "party of 3" like in many FF games for combat, or is it larger/smaller parties?

Standard CR is based on a 4 person party, so if its 3 people party that would skew the CRs

GreatestHonor

Explorer
I haven't played FF15 myself, but just checking. Is it the normal "party of 3" like in many FF games for combat, or is it larger/smaller parties?

Standard CR is based on a 4 person party, so if its 3 people party that would skew the CRs
FFXV has a party of 4 characters. Noctis (Main character), Gladios, Ignis, and Prompto. Other characters do temporarily join in, and there are instances were you play with one character at a time, but those are the exception.
I plan on the CR being a mainly a reflection of the creature’s lore. In-game mechanics and levels do play a part in design, but i wont be basing early monsters on their late-end games stats.
For example, a standard goblin shouldn’t be able to defeat any of the behemoths, but late in-game game stats typically will say another story in a case like this.

GreatestHonor

Explorer
Also, so people understand my CR guidelines. This is how I understand certain CRs and CR ranges.

Challenge Rating Guidelines
CR 0 - easily to moderately defeated by normal people, examples commoners, cats, badgers, single rodents,

CR ⅛ - slightly stronger than a normal person, examples bandits, cultists, dolphin, guards, dogs, mules

CR ¼ - decently stronger than a normal person and likely to win in a 1v1, examples boar, wolf, acolyte, constrictor snake, cow, horse, elk, flying sword

CR ½ - capable of defeating small groups of normal people and easily defeating CR ⅛, examples crocodile, gazer, orc, reef shark, scout, swarm of insects, thug, warhorse

CR 1 - too strong for a normal person to defeat without help and equipment, capable of defeating small groups of bandits, examples bear, animated armor, dire wolf, dryad, ghoul, harpy, tiger

CR 2 - 3 - strong enough to be a sizeable threat to a village or small town, examples bandit captain, blue and black dragon wyrmlings, knight, druid

CR 4-6 - notable threats to medium sized towns, strong enough to become tall tales for those who have never seen them. Examples, brontosaurus, allip, animated breaths, barbed devils, cyclops, ettin

CR 7-9 - individuals of great ability or creatures capable of destroying large towns, examples, assassin, blackguard, bone devil, fire giant, giant ape, champion

CR 10 -13 - creatures of near legend, respected or feared, able to defeat small armies of people, capable of controlling or destroying small to medium sized cities, examples adult copper, topaz, white dragons, archdruid, archmage, behir, beholder, deva, genies, erinyes, kirin, roc, storm giant

CR 14 - 17 - the smallest of legends, creatures of enough power to affect entire countries with their power and/or influence, examples adult silver dragon, cadaver collector, death knight, death tyrant, elder brain, goristro, ice devil, marilith

CR 18 - 22 - legendary creatures powerful enough to destroy armies and siege cities in a day, only the strongest of people can reliably defeat these creatures, examples, most ancient dragons, balor, demilich, lich, pit fiend, red abishai, solar

CR 23 - 26 - fantastic legendary beings, tales of their might will stay for ages, only the greatest of armies and heroes can hope to defeat these beings, examples the strongest ancient dragons, arch fiends, empyrean, marut, kraken, gem greatwyrm

CR 27 - 30 - woe is the fool who angers these creatures, mighty beyond all measures, no creature before can defeat them, and even the greatest of heroes and armies will likely fall at their feet, examples, chromatic and metallic greatwyrms, divine avatars, tarrasque

This only takes into account official monsters and their CR. Some creatures may be more powerful narratively of course. The Noble is a great example of this, as a CR 1/4 it is little to no threat against a even low level party in combat, but its narrative capability is far greater than many monsters far stronger than it.

dave2008

Legend
1. That would be awesome!!! I really appreciate any advice you can give
2. Many of these monsters i have already done, but they are old and i have since gotten better with homebrewing
3. That CR calculator looks awesome. I have personally been using this one, but yours looks more in-depth.
That one seems to be good too. It looks to cover everything you need.

Remove ads