Finally: Babylon 5 REMASTERED and Available for Streaming

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yes, B5 wasn't a comparatively big-budget operation. IIRC, B5 had about $800K per episode, while ST:DS9 had about $1.6 million.

That bieng said, some of you folks are snobs.

I still recommend Blake's 7. One of the all-time best shows.

That said, complaining about US TV shows compared to 70s BBC budgets ... HA!

Zardnaar

Legend
Yes, B5 wasn't a comparatively big-budget operation. IIRC, B5 had about $800K per episode, while ST:DS9 had about $1.6 million.

That bieng said, some of you folks are snobs.

Recently watched ST:TNG and DS9 and B5. First time for DS9/TNG.

But yeah ST looks a lot better. Aged not to bad. B5 looks terrible.

Quality of show B5, DS9, TNG ymmv. At least all of them were good. Except season 1&2 TNG cherry picked those seasons.

Zardnaar

Legend
A streaming service with lots of BBC content. In the US, available through Amazon or Roku, I think. Like $7 a month or somesuch.

No true Scotsman gatekeeps based on your viewing platform :p

Thinking of getting some physical media as it rotates on streaming services. And they've cut episodes as well.

Watched Stargate SG1 and Atlantis on Netflix, own SG1 on DVD but lost some Atlantis.

Weird using DVDs though. Tried watchingting Aliens and it was zoned and if course dumped the multizone DVD player years ago. Oops.

MarkB

Legend
Thinking of getting some physical media as it rotates on streaming services. And they've cut episodes as well.

Watched Stargate SG1 and Atlantis on Netflix, own SG1 on DVD but lost some Atlantis.

Weird using DVDs though. Tried watchingting Aliens and it was zoned and if course dumped the multizone DVD player years ago. Oops.
I know what you mean. I'm regretting not owning more of Doctor Who on physical media now that Netflix have dropped it. It's still available on iPlayer in the UK, but only to license fee payers, and I stopped watching broadcast TV a couple of years ago.

On the few occasions I watch physical media these days, I have to use my PS4. My current PC doesn't have any kind of external media drive.

Zardnaar

Legend
I know what you mean. I'm regretting not owning more of Doctor Who on physical media now that Netflix have dropped it. It's still available on iPlayer in the UK, but only to license fee payers, and I stopped watching broadcast TV a couple of years ago.

On the few occasions I watch physical media these days, I have to use my PS4. My current PC doesn't have any kind of external media drive.
Yeah I had to use PS4 / xbox one. I had to download an app to run the dvd on xbox.

GreyLord

Legend
I guess I'm an old individual. I still have multiple Blu-Ray players (and even an HD4K Blu Ray player) as well as a ton of DVDs and Blu-rays.

I'll watch things streaming, but I do not like paying the price they normally charge to purchase a streaming show which probably won't be around (probably being the key word) as long as the physical media.

I would be interested in watching a B5 remaster, but I would want it on physical media...not streaming. Plus, despite what people claim, there's a difference between watching a Blu-ray in HD and streaming HD. Streaming is about 1/4 as good as the Blu-Ray physical disc, so if it's a remaster, would prefer to see it in all it's glory.

Personal preference of course.

Remove ads