• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

Palladion

Adventurer
What's the highest CR a 20th-level Druid can wildshape into?

Circle of the Moon: Circle Forms (page 69): "Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down."

(I will try to not type stuff out word-for-word, but as I have not read the druid extensively, I cannot really summarize or explain it well.)

Otherwise, it seems it is maximum of CR 1 for non-Circle of the Moon druids.

TheBDU

First Post
Knowing Palladion IRL, I have seen the book I'll field these questions, as warlock was the on thing I'm very interested in.

The pact blade gains another invocation that lets you deal extra necrotic damage equal to your Cha mod, called Lifedrinker. You are now also able to bond a magic weapon as your pact weapon. In all regards this magic weapon will be treated as your pact weapon.

Thank you SO MUCH for getting back to me so quickly. I am pretty much sold on blade pact warlock now, which was what I really wanted in the first place. ONE MORE question if you don't mind. Did they allow for additional magic schools for eldritch knight, or is it still just evocation and (I forgot the name of the school, but it's the one with all the defensive buffs).

Branduil

Hero
Circle of the Moon: Circle Forms (page 69): "Starting at 6th level, you can transform into a beast with a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 3, rounded down."

(I will try to not type stuff out word-for-word, but as I have not read the druid extensively, I cannot really summarize or explain it well.)

Otherwise, it seems it is maximum of CR 1 for non-Circle of the Moon druids.

Thanks. It sounds like CR 6 is the max then.

Lithic

First Post
Thanks a ton for answering questions!

I have three easy ones:

1) what does the Martial Mastery feat do?
2) what does Heavy Armor Master feat do?
3) do Sorcerers get Firebolt as a cantrip?

Palladion

Adventurer
I'll admit, I took a peek at the alpha leak, I just couldn't help myself. I was incredibly disappointed with the warlock's pact of the blade. Did they expand on it at all? When I looked, it just showed that it gives the warlock an unmodified "silvered" weapon that has ONE invocation that you could apply. From what I saw, I'd rather use a magic weapon that I found while adventuring. Did they add leveling to your weapon, or did they at least add more than one invocation to apply to it???

I did not really look at warlock much with the alpha version, so I cannot tell you what has changed. Pact of the Blade weapon counts as magical for purpose of overcoming resistance and immunities has two invocations specifically meant for it, Lifedrinker (Charisma modifier to damage) and Thirsting Blade (attack with pact weapon twice).

Holy crap, bladelock/rogue (assassin) multiclass.

'I THOUGHT YOU SEARCHED HIM FOR WEAPONS!'

'We did, your lordship! There wasn't so much as a dagger on him!'

'Then WHY is our king's HEAD lying at my FEET?!'

:)

Or, alternatively, "Look, I know 1,000 gp is a hefty loan, but I'm desperate. I'll leave this unique magic sword with you for collateral..." :cool:

Daag

First Post
Holy crap, bladelock/rogue (assassin) multiclass.

'I THOUGHT YOU SEARCHED HIM FOR WEAPONS!'

'We did, your lordship! There wasn't so much as a dagger on him!'

'Then WHY is our king's HEAD lying at my FEET?!'

:)

It gives me the whole Stormlight Archives vibe with the way you can gain a pact weapon.

Remove ads